• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800 crashing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kraigc

Didnt really know where to put this but here we go. Anytime I change the memory away from 3:2, My system crashes as soon as Windows XP loads. It only runs stable in 3:2, and thats as long as i keep it under 3.2Ghz. Anyone have any ideas? System specs in signature.

2*256 Corsair XMS PC3200 crashing at 265 FSB with 5:4 ratio ???
what memory timing do you use? what vdimm voltage? what vcore voltage ? I think the cpu is about to reach its oc limit.

I suggest this setup:

Vcore = 1.600V ( need better cooling )
Vdimm = 2.85V
FSB = 270
Memory Ratio = 320
AGP/PCI lock = 33/66
Performance Mode = Turbo
Memory timing = 2.5, 3, 3, 6, 8
Memory Acceleration Mode = Enable

asw7576 said:
2*256 Corsair XMS PC3200 crashing at 265 FSB with 5:4 ratio ???
what memory timing do you use? what vdimm voltage? what vcore voltage ? I think the cpu is about to reach its oc limit.

I suggest this setup:

Vcore = 1.600V ( need better cooling )
Vdimm = 2.85V
FSB = 270
Memory Ratio = 320
AGP/PCI lock = 33/66
Performance Mode = Turbo
Memory timing = 2.5, 3, 3, 6, 8
Memory Acceleration Mode = Enable

the only difference is performance mode is standard and ratio 3:2. I was thinking about loosening the timings some. I think it might be the processor. I ended getting shipped a D1 2.4C. Ive heard of others that couldnt push it past 3.1Ghz also.

asw7576, when u said better cooling? is it a suggestion? or u should change ur hs&f if u use vcore=1.6?

since yesterday i wasnt overclocking coz i was using 4x256 and i rma'd the 2 and now im using 2x256... whats ur suggested with my current rig? 255?

if its failing prime u might wanna relax ur ram timings to 2.5-7-4-4 or set ur fsb lower...

2.5-4-4-7 is suppose to be writen as 2.5-7-4-4 thats the correct sequence on cas :) but yes.. thats what it means in ur bios :)

and if its prime stable slowly set it faster... like 2.5-7-3-3... or slowly increase ur fsb :)

Can you do VDIMM mod ?

P4P800 have cooling problem with the chipset and the two mosfet near AGP slot ( marked 9915 ).

I'd like to try vdimm mod.. its just that i might mess up my mobo, dont have a budget to get a new 1 as of now... :) Besides my ram is only upto 2.95, vdimm mod voids warranty right?

Ill be getting a water cooling kit in the next month, so the chipset wont be an issue. Im not too sure about the vDIMM mod, Ill have to look into it.

Back