• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800 crashing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was looking at the Swiftech kit, anyways I set the timing to 2.5-4-4-7 at ratio 5:4 and it still fails Prime95 after 2 minutes, at 3:2 it ran for over an hour

hmmm try the same cas but lower down ur fsb say like 250... or u can always relax ur cas to 3-8-4-4 btw, whats ur vcore and vdimm?

At one point I tried somw Hyper-x in my rig(4x256 and 2x512). Using either one my fsb would not go past 260-265 regardless of voltages, timings, whatever I could try. It could be one of those sets of ram that doesn't play nice with a 3:2 divider. All I've seen about corsair is mixed results. People really love it, or it sucks rocks.

prolly just like geil... I dont understand at some point, there are what i call "crash days"...

ciku said:
hmmm try the same cas but lower down ur fsb say like 250... or u can always relax ur cas to 3-8-4-4 btw, whats ur vcore and vdimm?

i get the same results with vcore anywhere from 1.5 to 1.6, vdimm is at 2.85

ic.. did u try relaxing to 3-8-4-4? or try lowering ur fsb.. start at 250

ok.. let us know... :) as im waiting for my vantec aeroflow replacement today, i will go back oc'ing today...

Last edited:
hehehe yup, its express saver ground from ewiz... its only $22.50 including shipping, cheap eh? :)

Back