• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800-Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
IF YOU HAVENT NOTICED, peeps usually post their MULTI-rigs here... so sorry for the misunderstanding too...

Ok, once again sorry for my ignorance. The thing is, my computer configs change fairly often, I only list my main one, the one I use daily, then there are the ones on the bench etc . My wife has her own life, so it's really not mine.

Here's my server, pretty permament:

Asus p2b-F @100Mhz FSB
cpu: Intel Celeron 300@450
RAM: 256mb PC133 Mushkin
hard drive: 60gb maxtor ata5 7200
video card: matrox g200

So I was gonna place this in my sig, but on the edit profile page it says max sig is 4 lines.

that's one thing I've noticed about several threads I've been reading lately. OP has a problem, gets some ideas and then never comes back to say what worked or didn't work. Kind of subtracts from the gerneal knowledge base. As I was saying before, experience, personally experienced, is quite the thing.

it was a cleanly installed win2000 without any bugs!

i hear more and more often that the HDD may be a problem.. do you all have problems with maxtors?

Do u have a firewall? anti-virus? Im using Maxtor 200Gb and no problems ever since i mounted it :)

nope i dont have...it was cleanly installed and 2000 has no firewall by defaul activated..well.. i hope it was just a program glitch..

Sry... been busy all weekend never got a chance 2 get back 2 u guys. Well i kinda fixed it on my own, got the bios update to 1015 and that sped up the whole post process... its so fast now i can barely get into the setup.

K, guess what?! Computer was runnin nice and booting great flyin thru the ram check without even a bit of delay... but today it just suddenly shut down in the middle of nowhere and rebooted itself... and guess what... the stupid problem is back!!! except now its like 3x as long... what the hell is the problem?! i've looked at everything in the bios, cleared the cmos and done everything but switch the ram around... any other ideas, i'm gettin rly ****ed brand new computer that runs great when its in windows but can't even get past the post unless i give it 5 minutes.

hmmm what psu u using? and can u try not to oc? test and check if ur pc is running stable even if not oc'd :)

Ya, i've got it runnin on default settings and just cleared the cmos for like the 10th time... runnin a 500w ultra psu... these are my tottaly system specs:

Ultra 500w PSU
Asus P4P800-Deluxe
P4 2.4C w/ Thermaltak copper Heatsink + stock fan
160Gig Maxtor Diamondmax 9 HDD
Lite-on DVD
Lite-on DVD/CD Burner
1024mb OCZ PC3500 Gold EL Edition ram runnin in dual channel (blue slots)
ATI Radeon 9600 XT
Creative Audigy 2 ZS
Leadtek TV Tuner
4x Case Fans

Also, runnin bios version 1015... The computer was prime stable at 3.36 for the entire 5 hours i had it running... just downclocked to 3.2 to keep voltage at 1.6

It's been runnin stable all along, just ****es me off cuz it take a hell of a lot longer to load into the bios setup now that this stupid thing keeps freezing.

Back