• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4T-533 (32bit RIMM) Core Voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thats kinda weird that your mate has no problems - is it a 2.53/533 CPU then? And he bought the board from Scan as well (so presuming same batch as ours) As I had said, I couldnt get the 2.50/400 to run stable at stock - perhaps the problem is only apparent when running C1 stepping CPU's as they require more core voltage and possibly more power?

Managed to do any further testing wolfen??? I have sent a letter to theinquirer.net which I am hoping they will publish Monday, may help our case with Asus...

Sorry, not been well the last day or two. I've not been able to swap the processors yet but the memory that works fine, no errors, on my mate's machine gets around 13 errors per pass in Memtest 3.0.

I've tried virtually every setting I can find, underclocked and overclocked and I can't get it to run stable. :(

I might be able to test the processor in my mate's machine tomorrow (sunday), if so that should bang in the final nail and I'll be sending the board back either to Asus or Scan on Monday.

currious

I notice that both of you are running the same power suply "powered by an Enermax". Forgive me for the lack of knowlage regarding this brand of power suply, but have eather of you given it much thought?
I know for the P4 platform, antex has been the best suited power suply. As well as the best ( or most talked about ) MoBo is the P4-B533-E
Not trying to cause any arguement or create any waves in your pond, just trying to help.

I think most of MB have this problem, full load will drop your cpu vcore.

I have used 2 p4t533, one is stable at 148mhz x 4, but other one stable at 155mhz x 4, maybe this board really have some problem and you need more luck with it.

If your recieving errors in memtest RMA the board. Mine doesnt recieve errors in memtest after the RMA. I'm going to attempt a voltage mod today on the board. I will post my findings.

Hehe
2 links to the inquirer who are putting asus under pressure with regard to the probs on P4T-533 and P4S8x. I kinda wrote the P4T533 one!
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=5631
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=5617

No answer from asus at all, let me know how scan are with the RMA I may have to do the same :-( Im ****ed though, cos this is a fast board with a lot of potential

In reply to the Enermax query - i suppose its possible, but I suspect the Enermax is one of the best PSUs available and would be dissapointed if related to that, I have seen peeps who have tried several, even dual PSU's, but this prob has not yet been solved...

Re: currious

Buzzard said:
I notice that both of you are running the same power suply "powered by an Enermax". Forgive me for the lack of knowlage regarding this brand of power suply, but have eather of you given it much thought?
I know for the P4 platform, antex has been the best suited power suply. As well as the best ( or most talked about ) MoBo is the P4-B533-E
Not trying to cause any arguement or create any waves in your pond, just trying to help.

Enermax is a reasonable well-known power supply maker and their products are generally regarded as being of high quality. Antec has recently joined the PS (stand alone) market, and their products are good too, but many still think Enermax is slightly better.
I am running an Enermax myself on my system (P4T533 too) and it does just fine. I also own a PC Power and Cooling PS and a PS from that brand is the only one I would regard as being slightly better.

Finally it's not much of an option to go with a P4B533- it would mean swapping both board and ram as well as swallowing a performance hit. Last but not least, the 845E board you mentioned will NOT support Hyperthreading, whereas the P4T533 850E-based board will.

Agree - the P4B-533 is not an option due to the reasons you stated Fizz3. I reckon there are no other boards at present that would support this RAM?? Maybe the new Epox 4T4A that is on the way?
In this case, what boards/RAM are you guys recommending/thinking of that would be capable of matching the performance of the P4T-533, (when overclocked). I am wondering what to get once I RMA this board.....Thinking of XMS3200 corsair but not sure which board to hit over 3ghz on my 2.50.....having some luck with the BG7 but its just not good enough....

:) :) :D :D
Ta wolfen!! Im happier now - so how do we go about RMAing to asus direct for one of the new revisions?
I also dont want to wait two weeks for scan!

I was hoping Asus would have told you that by now ;)

I'll email Asus tech support and ask about an RMA. Unfortunately Asus RMA aren't known for their speed either :(

Though my GF4 reached Scan on the 26th and hasn't even been tested yet. :mad:

!!!...I'm glad I started searching around for people having problems with this motherboard. I started overclocking this board and I noticed how unstable it is. At first I thought it was my video card then the cpu....and then finally the RAM I almost just bought another stick for this board...I'm glad I came around this article...mine won't run stable at stock either :mad: I'm going to try this memory test sometime today...Has anyone come up with a way to correct this?? (mod) Sorry if I'm asking something that I overlooked...its late and my brain is not functioning. Sleep...soon...

I've not found anyone that has corrected this yet, and no official word from Asus seems to be forthcoming about the state of these boards.

Mine *seems* to be a little more stable after the 1005 bios, but still wont run Prime95 Torture or memtest satisfactorily. Unfortunately the turnaround time on RMA seems to be of the order of 2 weeks and I cannot be without a computer for that length of time right now. :(

I've tried under and overclocking it, switching memory and CPU with a friend who has the same board and every thing is always the same, fine on his P4T533, knackered on mine :(

Wolfen, Depressing isnt it, doesnt help that Scan are useless, Ive ordered stuff from them on Friday, had to phone 4 times and its still not been sent out and its now Tuesday!
2 week turnaround is totally unacceptable.
I may be able to get a couple of Epox 4TAU's direct from the UK distributor soon, if your interested let me know. I was over at their offices around the corner yesterday getting a 8KtA3 for an athlon system Im building (49quid) I am thinking of buying a 4TAU and then sending my board back to Scan for a refund? If they continue to offer bad customer service then Ill take my business elsewhere.

I tryed the memory test. Surprisingly enough it ran well for 9 hours and didn't lockup or reboot. So I rebooted and started to run 3DMark2001 SE and once again I was surprised that it didn't crash with in the first 20mins but after about 2 or 3 hours I got booted to my desktop. After re-running it...soon enough same thing :eh?: I guess I'll be sending mine in soon...

Are you talking only at oc'd speeds kovert? If so does the system run stable when you back off the FSB a bit?
There are mods out there including a vMem mod but the way to correct the faults is supposedly to change the voltage regualtors and capacitors - not an easy job and if its under warranty, why bother?
Maybe u should try an Epox 4TAU if you can RMA your board?

markodude said:
Are you talking only at oc'd speeds kovert? If so does the system run stable when you back off the FSB a bit?
There are mods out there including a vMem mod but the way to correct the faults is supposedly to change the voltage regualtors and capacitors - not an easy job and if its under warranty, why bother?
Maybe u should try an Epox 4TAU if you can RMA your board?

The speeds are stock...after trying to overclock with little success (unstable) I retryed with stock settings and noticed that my system was still unstable. At first I thought I had damaged some hardware...then I realized that it would be consistently unstable...and took a guess that I must have crappy ram...it seemed to crash when it hit a certain temperature. I was almost going to buy some more...then I came across this :D I havn't tryed backing off some to see if its more stable. I'm going to check out that motherboard now...I havn't even looked at it...thx

Back