• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4T-533 (32bit RIMM) Core Voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
erm....something to do with returns, basically it means send back to the place you got it (Return to Manufacturer maybe?)

JohnnyTheRed said:
Excuse my ignorance, but what does RMA stand for :/

Thanks.

Return Merchandise Authorization. It means you request the manufacturer to take back his defective product and offer a solution. In practice, you send your part back to the company and receive another refurbished model in return.

markodude said:
Are you talking only at oc'd speeds kovert? If so does the system run stable when you back off the FSB a bit?
There are mods out there including a vMem mod but the way to correct the faults is supposedly to change the voltage regualtors and capacitors - not an easy job and if its under warranty, why bother?
Maybe u should try an Epox 4TAU if you can RMA your board?

I've checked out that board it looks good...I'm thinking of getting one because I can't play any games without the program crashing :( But is it any good??? I don't want to run into the same problems as I did with this motherboard :S

This is the question Kovert, perhaps we should wait for some reviews to get online first, that way we will have an idea of its performance. I have two Epox boards at the moment and am very impressed by both.

markodude said:
This is the question Kovert, perhaps we should wait for some reviews to get online first, that way we will have an idea of its performance. I have two Epox boards at the moment and am very impressed by both.

Sounds like a plan...I posted another thread and the only reply I got was that the board had problems...I hope that isn't true. My board is some what stable. I ran prime95 for 9 hours the other day...but I was playing red faction last night and it crashed (program only, not windows) after about 3 hours...but I don't know if it was a hardware/software problem :S

well I just ordered my replacement board and I hope its a lot better than the P4T533!
I've went for a P4B-533E (I know I cant believe I stuck with Asus either!) and 512Mb of Corsair XMS3000 Cas2. If I can hit 120FSB Ill get DDR320 which isnt bad, wish I had gone for a 533 chip now, doh!
The 400FSB 2.5 was good for Rambus but on DDR my overall speed aint gonna be great. In fact I reckon my 1.8A on this board (P4T533) will be faster than the 2.5 on a P4B533E, but the 2.50 cant be RMA'd just because I bought the wrong chip for its future mobo, lol.

markodude said:
well I just ordered my replacement board and I hope its a lot better than the P4T533!
I've went for a P4B-533E (I know I cant believe I stuck with Asus either!) and 512Mb of Corsair XMS3000 Cas2. If I can hit 120FSB Ill get DDR320 which isnt bad, wish I had gone for a 533 chip now, doh!
The 400FSB 2.5 was good for Rambus but on DDR my overall speed aint gonna be great. In fact I reckon my 1.8A on this board (P4T533) will be faster than the 2.5 on a P4B533E, but the 2.50 cant be RMA'd just because I bought the wrong chip for its future mobo, lol.

What your mean "The 400FSB 2.5 was good for Rambus", I think only 133fsb+ is good for Rambus. I am using 2.4GB right now, and running at 155fsb x4, so i dont think any current ddr system is better than mine. ;)
My other pc is using asus p4b533-v, 512mb winbond ddr333 running at 155fsb x 2.5, it still far away compare with my p4t533.

You are obviously one of the lucky ones, my 400FSB chip I thought would be OK at 130ish FSB giving me 1000ish mhz on the Rambus.
My RAM would not run at any more than 133x4, if I went higher it became unstable, I wanted to run 133x4 on RAM and 133 bus on the 2.5/400 for 3.3ghz, but it didnt work out. The 2.5 wont even run stable on this board so I RMA'd it....I may get another Rambus board at some point....

Back