• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p5b dlx OC help/recomendation needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok... you all were right :)
the waterblock was not seated properly because of ****ty mounting from ThermalTake :)
so i went and get myself a new WB with a new mounting:
http://www.alphacool.de/product_inf...nte/cpu-alphacool-nexxxos-xp-socket-775:.html
and im extremely happy with that :)
also changed the waterflow into order you guys suggested and now its like that:
FSB: 400
DRAM Freq: DDR-1000
PCI-E Freq: 100
PCI Clock Synchro: 33.33
Spread Spect: Disabled
vDimm: 2.25
vCore: 1.4250
vFSB: 1.3
vCore NB: 1.25
vCore SB: 1.5

temps are:
TAT0 Idle: 18
TAT1 Idle: 22
Core Temp0 Idle: 16
Core Temp1 Idle: 19
Core 0 Load: 34
Core 1 Load: 35
on load both the TAT and Core Temp showing the same :)

when u compare to the table above, its about 30C drop on load and about 12C idle :)

ill be posting higher OC test :) i.e. ill try dram 4-4-4-12 @ 1000 on 2.35 vDimm with this config

Thank you guys for your help and patience,
Cheers :)

thx for the tip :) its been set from the start.
im at work right now so i cant test any further but when i get home... :D
yesterday was too late ive finished reabuilding and modding at 1:30AM so i was really tired :)

cheers :)

should be ok as long as you have a stout WC loop, I would creep the vcore up since you have that TT cpu block and watch temps. Also i meant to say disable Vanderpool Tech (VT).

tt wb doe not exist anymore in my rig, read reply no 25 ;)
...and i cant disable the virtualization coz i need it.
i run WinXP Pro for PCB design purposes coz Altium Designer DXP 2004 dont wanna work with Vista Entrprise x32 im now on ;(
but ill try... back to you in a few minutes :)

sorry for a slight delay... max what i have achieved without a large amount of beer to strenghten my courage was 3,6 GHZ 450x8 @ 1.6000 vCore in bios and about 50C on Orthos :)

maybe when i get drunk ill try some more but for now 3.2GHz its enuff :D

cheers

gutaker said:
tt wb doe not exist anymore in my rig, read reply no 25 ;)
...and i cant disable the virtualization coz i need it.
i run WinXP Pro for PCB design purposes coz Altium Designer DXP 2004 dont wanna work with Vista Entrprise x32 im now on ;(
but ill try... back to you in a few minutes :)

yeah but that alpha cool may aswell be a thermaltake :p
Didnt know you used VT.

no $h|t clanger...
please dont tell me ive bought another TT crap :(
as far as i experienced its much better than TT - reduced the temps about 30C , so ill stick with it just for a moment till i get some more $ to get innovatek G-Flow :)

g-nite :)

edit: after few hours of thinking im sure, in post 33 u were talking that if TT was seat good there would be no need to exchange it to alphacool

Last edited:
(Clanger)(DOA) said:
should be ok as long as you have a stout WC loop, I would creep the vcore up since you have that TT cpu block and watch temps. Also i meant to say disable Vanderpool Tech (VT).
hi'
I tried to disable this VPT ...
it's in colour in the bios and cannot get to it :(
how to do then?
any trick is welcome :)

i686

clear cmos with jumper and if there is no success flash the bios with your current bios.
flashing bios works for 100% done it a few times and VPT was always enabled to change, but after you save your changes for the first time there is no way back - only those mentioned above

gutaker said:
clear cmos with jumper and if there is no success flash the bios with your current bios.
flashing bios works for 100% done it a few times and VPT was always enabled to change, but after you save your changes for the first time there is no way back - only those mentioned above

hi'
alright, thanks, will reflash another time, can it be done under windows with asus update and update from file or under dos with afudos?
which way is the best?

anyway will do for me ;)

thanks again
cheers

i686

gutaker said:
personally i prefer EZFlash within the BIOS

its always a pleasure to help someone :)
hi'
in fact didn't need to re-flash, on cold boot, it was in white, so I could disable it easy ;)

i686

Back