• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5DW2 CPU Lock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The LockFree works just fine in my 304 BIOS with the 550 in my sig and it's been over 300FSB, so I don't have a problem with it...just curious if any of the newer one increase the max MCH voltage selectable. When you flash it, if you can post back and let me know, I would appreciate it!

d.chatten said:
I've just tried bios version 0509 and the LockFree still isn't available in the bios, my CPU is a P4 640 (N0).

Not sure why. Hyperasus just flashed and lockfree works now on his 830! I should have my 830 by Wednesday and be able to see first hand! :)

Bios 0509 worked wonders for me. It let me lock my multi to 14(Thank goodness because I was starting to get scared). It also fixed a usb problem I was having that was causing a few random reboots. 0509 was the ticket for me.

Ross said:
The LockFree works just fine in my 304 BIOS with the 550 in my sig and it's been over 300FSB, so I don't have a problem with it...just curious if any of the newer one increase the max MCH voltage selectable. When you flash it, if you can post back and let me know, I would appreciate it!

My MCH voltage options are the same with a max of 1.65. All of my voltages options are the same as they were with 0422.

Thanks for letting me know hyper...I guess I'll do the volt mod if that starts holding me up.

Thanks for the link.

The 0509 beta bios allows me to run the 14x multi my 650!!!!!!!!!!!! Under Intel Enhanced Speed Step you select *Minimum* and it boots at 14x, and I'm running dual instances of Prime95 right now and it's at 14x or 2.8ghz. Now it's time to crank up the FSB and run some benchies.

RangerXLT8 said:
Thanks for the link.

The 0509 beta bios allows me to run the 14x multi my 650!!!!!!!!!!!! Under Intel Enhanced Speed Step you select *Minimum* and it boots at 14x, and I'm running dual instances of Prime95 right now and it's at 14x or 2.8ghz. Now it's time to crank up the FSB and run some benchies.

That is great to hear!! :) Lets see them benchies :)

Ok here is 265FSB(1061mhz) 3.71ghz. Memory 663mhz 3-2-2-8.

Memory benches went up 500 points.

Attachments

• 1061 FSB265 3-2-2-8 6550 Memory Bandwith.JPG
    1061 FSB265 3-2-2-8 6550 Memory Bandwith.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 411
Ok I bumped up the FSB to 272 and am seeing the highest memory bandwith I've seen on this system. Pretty impressive really, higher FSB really makes a difference.

Attachments

• CPUZ 272FSB.JPG
    CPUZ 272FSB.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 55
  • MEmory 6817 Sandra.JPG
    MEmory 6817 Sandra.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 87
man, you guys are so lucky...i want to hit 4Ghz, but im all out of money, and my video card is DYING for an upgrade. (see sig)

<quote>ASUS has been lacking in their BIOS fixes lately. They have released DOZENS of updates for the P5ND2-SLI and not ONE allows you to overclock correctly- if any OC at all. There have been releases starting with 0605 all the way to 0802 now and still overclocking has not been fixed.</quote>

Tell me about it. I am thinking of selling mines for a 945 board....at least they will also have SLI soon there is no reason to go NF4 now.

markodude said:
I am thinking of selling mines for a 945 board....at least they will also have SLI soon

That’s interesting. Do you have any links or information regarding this? I was unaware of a 945 board with SLI.

I personally am wondering if ASUS+ATI are going to get/allow the Crossfire to work in the P5WD2.

I thought I read somewhere that setting the 2nd PCI-e slot to "x4" in BIOS effectively enables 16x PCI-e. Maybe not? Page 2-21 of the P5WD2 manual, section 2.5.4:

"This motherboard has two PCI Express x16 slots that support PCI Express x16 graphic cards complying with the PCI Express specifications. With two graphics cards installed, the motherboard can enable quad-display."

And I just saw on the Inquirer that the Crossfire will work on the 955X chipset, but of course ATI is pushing the X200 mobo thingie for "optimum" experience. Unforunately, the slave card has to be an X800 minimum :( That would be one expen$ive upgrade for an X800/X850 and a X800/X850 Crossfire Enabled :eek:

The 945/955x boards are to be supported on SLI in a future version of Forceware due out soon :)
The P5LD2 Deluxe 945 board even comes with an SLI bridge. I dont know if there will be a small performance hit due to 1 slot being 4x, but I dont think the current graphics cards even use all the available bandwidth anyway.

http://www.tbreak.com/reviews/article.php?id=379 pic of the bridge included here - its a flexible one

Back