• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5W-DH stability problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I put the cooler and reposition the fan from side , the temp lowered a lot
about 20º,
major improvements

now I'm at

3400 380*9 1.385v bios/ 1.31 according to speedfan and cpuz

4-4-4-10-4
FSB auto
ich 1.65
mch 1.20

idle 36º according to speed fan 39º acording to tat
65º according to speedfan 63º according to tat running orthos

let's see if it can be a bit faster

now I'm at

3384 376*9 1.365v bios/

4-4-4-10-4
FSB auto
ich 1.65
mch 1.20

idle 32º according to speed fan 34º acording to tat
59º according to speedfan and core temp 57º according to tat running orthos
after 3 hours on small ffts

so this finishes the oc since this pc is for a friend of mine's brother
just for gaming who doesn't understand much about cpu, temps, and just wants to play, I already have my e6600 and 2x 1 GB Team Xtreem DDR2 800MHz PC2-6400 800MHz 4-4-4-12 ordered the mobo and probably will get this cooler
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835702002

it all should be here within this month, so I'll start a new thread when it does
thanks you very much everybody for all the help
and a happy new year :burn: :bday:

Thats a nifty cooler. I couldn't find how many watts it uses on their product home page. Anyone know how much more electricity it would use then your average watercooler.

8800GTX said:
since temps are 50º idle and were up to 78º when orthos stoped

Well done! This was a bit of a giveaway to the problem, and it's great that sorting that cooler brought it down nicely for you.

Are you going to give your friends brother free tech support every week if that PC starts having any kind of problems what so ever??

If you not. Then you might want to relax those memory timing just a tad bit. Other wise in short time, he will have a vast amount of problems, regardless of how good the RAM might be.

Think of this as preventive maintenance. A stitch in time.

I am a firm believer in the P5W DH Deluxe, and am confident with a little more work on this the OP will be able to get a system that is perfectly stable at a very respectable OC.

~jtjuska

I just thought I would bump this since I am have very much the same problem as 8800gtx.

I am very interested in what his out come is.

I am watercooled and stressed with dual Orthos at 52C max temp using coretemp and TaT.

No errors on memtest for 24hrs with cpu 400x8 and mem at 800. I have had vcore up to 1.475
[email protected]
[email protected]

Orthos error after 10min and sometimes 1 hour. I have backed it down to 9x355 and mem 710 1:1/ vcore 1.4 and I get error on Orthos and Memtest. Go figure.

Im actually thinking of upping my vcore more. How far is to far for my e6600?

you will need about 1.45 real Vcore , on my Asus P5W I needed to set 1.55 to get the real 1.45 Vcore that was on 1305 bios. Best thing to read out is Asus Probe II. Just work ya way up in small increments to see what is stable and what is not. Also I installed a small 4cm fan onto my northbridge to keep that cooler which helped a lot to increase stability...

Also Rfhop22 it will need a stable 1.4 Vcore to be stable at 3200mhz so you will need to set about 1.4750 or so in the bios unles you have one of those miracle batches. Remember all these boards have a Vdroop !! So you will have to set the value in the bios higher than to obtain the value required.

Bad thing about the E6600 it get's bloody hot, I have with a thermalright Ultra 120 on it around 62°C under orthos blend test at 3600mhz...

Back