• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 issue?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MMMMMMMMMM

Registered
Hey guys I recently upgraded my build with: I5 2500k, P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 and a Corsair H60. When I power on my system, the Asus logo splash screen pops up and then a black screen says "no hard disk found". It then goes back to the Asus logo splash screen, and then it will say starting windows and load fine. This happens when my hard drive is connected to the blue sata ports on mobo, If I use the gray port it will show Asus logo splash screen, then say samsung hard drive found, then asus splash screen, and then say starting windows. Is this supposed to happen or did I plug my hard drive into the wrong port? I read the manual a couple times but don't really know what all the terms mean. The gray port is "Intel Z68 Serial ATA 6.0 Gb/s connectors (7-pin SATA6G_1/2 [gray]). The blue one is "Intel Z68 Serial ATA 3.0 Gb/s connectors (7-pin SATA3G_3-6 [blue]). Both of these mention something about RAID but I have no idea what it means. The last one is a navy blue port, "Marvell Serial ATA 6.0 Gb/s connectors (7-pin SATA6G_E1/E2 [navy blue]).

Intel I5 2500k
Corsair H60
Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3
16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600
Asus GTX 460
Corsair 600 watt
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200
CM Storm Scout

You should be connected to the 0/1 ports with your SSD (intel ones - see manual). What you are seeing is the Marvell(other) controller initializing and since you have nothing plugged in those ports thats why it says 'HD not found' (until you switched it and it caught it) . You can disable that controller in your bios or, ignore it.

The manual tells you which ports are which. Im not certain on your board, but the intel ports, as mentioned above, are usually 0/1.

What you are seeing is the Marvell(other) controller initializing and since you have nothing plugged in those ports thats why it says 'HD not found' (until you switched it and it caught it)

Bingo - mine does the same thing. You can go ahead and disable the Marvell controller if you have nothing on those two ports nearest the DIMM slots.

kk so the two Asus logo splash screens are normal (the screen where it says press del to enter bios)?

Yep - it shows the splash screen, the Marvell controller initializes and takes over the display for a bit, then the splash screen comes back. Absolutely normal for this board.

I actually disabled the splash screen - found it annoying while I was trying to overclock.

Ok thx was just concerned, had a gigabyte h67 chipset board before this one only had 1 splash screen.

Back