• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED P8Z77-V Pro not communicating properly with OS/software??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mod-R

P8Z77-V Pro Turbo Multi stuck in OS

Hi again, I'm editing/shrinking this post because I solved pretty much all the problems I had... Except the one main problem. And I really need all of your experience here to know if you ever had a similar problem - or have any idea about it!

So the problem is, sometimes the new Turbo Multi I input in BIOS won't show in OS/monitoring software. Example: I'm at 48, go back to BIOS, set 49, then go back to the OS : CPU-Z will still show 48 multi and 4800 MHz. Other settings I change in BIOS I will be able to see it in CPU-Z : for example, if I use more LLC and offset I will actually see a higher Vcore... while my multi will still be stuck at 48x. Loading optimized default in BIOS won't work : when I go back to OS/CPU-Z I will still see a 48 multiplier, and crazy Vcore because settings are back on Auto. So CPU-Z is not artificially boosting my Multi, the system is really still running the 48x, and Auto voltages rise accordingly. Only thing I can do then is clearing CMOS : then I'll be able to see the stock speed in CPU-Z, and continue the OC process from there, changing back all the settings I use one by one... And it goes fine until the time when I'll get stuck again. In fact, as long as I don't boot often with the same multi it won't get stuck; if I restart the system more than a couple of times using the same multi (typical process)
the multi will get stuck again. Very annoying!!

Ever saw something like that? What would you do... Reflash the BIOS? Reflash with older version? RMA the board? Could it be my CPU?

Last edited:
If anybody cares... Finally the problem is with the OC profiles. I just Loaded Opt. Defaults on all OC profiles I had, shut down, cleared CMOS one last time, and now I will enter my settings manually, always. I booted about ten times in a row with 48x, randomly changing the same settings just to reproduce usual testing process, and then reverted back to 45 without any problem, and loaded optimized default without a problem neither. Softwares are pinpoint on the multiplier.

Never had that problem with the LX, nor any problem whatsoever... Thumbs up for cheaper boards!

Back