• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P8Z77-V PRO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kevinkevin

I've built my own computer:

P8Z77-V PRO
I5 3750K
8GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1600
GIGABYTE GTX670
CORSAIR CX600M
SEAGATE 1TB SATA III

The computer initially allowed me to install Windows 8 64bit. Everything went well. Once I switched it off to have a break for about an hour, coming back it isn't allowing me turn it back on. After 10 minutes it allowed me to turn it on. As I test, I turned it back off to see if same thing occurs. It did unfortunately. The bios flbk LED is blinking. Here's a photo

6xu71e.jpg

The bottom Light is the one flashing. Photo has been rotated. Top of board is on the left.

Check the Ram and see if its seated well, also try taking the Ram out and try to boot using one stick. Also check the Bios number and see if there are any up dates you need to do for Stability etc. As for the Bios up date please read the Manuel as i tells you to use the button on the motherboard. And also shows you what to do and how to up date if needed. If these measures don't help then you might have to put your PC set up on a box outside of the case to test it there. To see if its a grounding fault with the motherboard Stand off's, if you have a spare PC just Google your Fault as there is quite a long list to read! Best of Luck AJ. ;) :thup:

P.S. I am no expert but just willing to help! :attn:

Thank you for your reply. I sent the tower to a repair shop. Turned out I had installed the motherboard in the case wrongly. The mobo was touching the case "metal on metal" and was causing a "short". They installed it correctly and has been running a dream since. Thank you though!!

Back