• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Palit 9500 gt OC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Integra-R.U.C

Hello, i have GeForce® 9500GT Super+1GB (1024MB DDR2) and its idle temp 36ْ load temp 38ْ (when playing BO,etc) and i want to OC :mad:this card
Graphics Clock 450 MHz
Memory Clock 400MHz (DDR 800MHz) i dont know what this mean:confused:
Processor Clock 1107MHz
what Clock and software i should OC and use to gain more performance:rolleyes:

Try using MSI Afterburner. It should be able to help get you started. That is a very very small difference between idle and load temperatures, how are you monitoring it?

As for the memory clock information because it is DDR it effectively doubles the rate, so if it says it is running at 800, it is really running at 400x2.

Start off slowly, don't jump in and start changing everything, try upping your graphics clock by about 10-20mhz and play around and make sure everything is stable and not getting hot. If everything is stable (no crashes, BSODs, etc) then up it again another 10-20, and keep doing that until you get a crash/instability. Then drop it back down to the last known good speed, and increase by 5 instead to find the instability mark. I like to have about 5-10mhz (at least) of range from the point of instability.

After you have done that you can do the memory as well. If you don't want to test using a game and instead using a benchmark, something like 3dMark06 or Vantage may work well for this.

Back