• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Palit and Gainward

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NewbieOneKenobi

All right, we know that Palit has purchased Gainward. We've also known Gainward to be one of the best-reputed video card manufacturers - although they did commit such acts as lowering bitrate or memory size compared to nVidia specs.

When buying my graphics card, I'm not sure I knew about the purchase. I don't think I took a good look at Palit cards, considering them to be somewhat inferior to brands like Leadtek or XFX or Gainward, but I actually ended up buying one (since I wouldn't ever buy a card without looking at the chip, I imagine I simply didn't notice the striking semblance).

Here, I noticed a thread by someone asking if we were going to see Gainwardish Palit cards. Owning one, I can tell you it looks exactly like Gainward. And well, compare on your own if you like:

Palit: http://www.palit.biz/en/products/nv_agp_7600GT.htm
Gainward: http://www.gainward.net/products/product.php?products_id=80

Does this mean I basically got a Gainward at a 10% discount? I don't think it's a Palit design being pushed through the Gainward network.

When company A buys company B, it buys all its equipment, labs, and factories, pencils and even toilet paper to go with. Thus you are buying same thing the previous company used to make.

Basically, the only thing that changes is the name and the owners. The rest is the same.

So yes, most likely you bought a card Gainward used to make under its original name.

Palit bought Gainward in 2005...so any Gainward card bought in the last year or so is essentially a Palit anyway... iv just bought a Palit 8800gts...theyre all the same thing at the end of the day...might as well be called 'Galit' or 'Painward', makes no difference :D

Well, I assumed Gainwarded Palit would still have been better than Palited Gainward, even though they all come from one factory in the end... :D Anyway, I've recently found a Gainward entry in my registry. So I guess it's Palit using Gainward ideas rather than selling their own products under the better brand. :D

Back