• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

partially unlocked cpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fishman

got a duron 800 yesterday and kt7 Raid
did the pencil trick across the L1 bridges
however i cannot select the 8.5 or 9.5 multiplier, the 9x is fine and teh 10 is i think althogh i havent managed a post at that speed yet
i dont relally want to remove everything to check because durons crack easily, any ideas would be cool
thanks

Hi

I´ve got the same sort of problem with my athlon 900Mhz

Looks lise some of the multiplyers work and some doesn't.
Whats that all about?

And by the way.. does the dipswitch settings in the ASUS A7V manual actually correspond with the ones on the Motherboard?

Would be great with some answers?

McBrain

Go back and the redoo the L1 bridges till u get it right.........U just dont have them connected properly.............Be sure and not connect the adjacent lines to each other............Use a jewellers loup if necessary to see what u r doing .......................Sooper

Make sure that you use a hard pencil. When i first tried it on mine I had about the same problem. I tried it again with a #3h instead of a #2 and it worked just fine.

A7V settings

The manual can get pretty hard to understand. Some of the drawings don't coorespond to settings. Using your jumpers the setting for 100fsb becomes 1=off,2=off,3=on,4=on. This is a little different than the drawing.This site will help http://myhome.netsgo.com/wesleycrushr/hardware/gui000803-1.htm I also have found the core voltage settings on my a7v are different than in the manual.At the 1.75 setting I am showing 1.8, At the 1.8 setting I get 1.85, Have not gone any higher. Right now I have a 800t-bird running at 950, cooling is ok, but am having troubles getting kicked out of games and it will not complete the benchmark tests. FSB@100,ram volts @3.5, core @1.85. Graphics is geforce2 at defaults. Any ideas?

Back