• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC Fails to Boot POST

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
To me, it sounds like user error. Sorry. If you have a DOA item it'll be the board more so than the processor.

To me it sounds like I have a DOA item, I have literally tried everything, I have built probably like 8 PCs and repaired about 10 or so in the past few years, I know for a fact everything is connected where it should be, I know everything is compatible with each other, I know the RAM and GPU for a fact are working properly and are not the ones causing any POSTing failures, and to top it off, looking at a few more reviews of this board, it seems like I'm not the only one having no POST.

But... tomorrow I will take the PSU to a computer repair shop to test it to see if the rails and such are all okay. If they are, then I'm RMAing the board.

To me it sounds like I have a DOA item, I have literally tried everything, I have built probably like 8 PCs and repaired about 10 or so in the past few years, I know for a fact everything is connected where it should be, I know everything is compatible with each other, I know the RAM and GPU for a fact are working properly and are not the ones causing any POSTing failures, and to top it off, looking at a few more reviews of this board, it seems like I'm not the only one having no POST.

But... tomorrow I will take the PSU to a computer repair shop to test it to see if the rails and such are all okay. If they are, then I'm RMAing the board.

Again, I'm sorry, but you didn't even know the board had no onboard vid and the the 750K was not an APU, let alone if the components were compatible or not. You said yourself that you were not familiar with AMD, and that might be the difference between a machine that posts and one that doesn't.
Just my opinion man. GL with whatever road you take.

Again, I'm sorry, but you didn't even know the board had no onboard vid and the the 750K was not an APU, let alone if the components were compatible or not. You said yourself that you were not familiar with AMD, and that might be the difference between a machine that posts and one that doesn't.
Just my opinion man. GL with whatever road you take.

I thought it had onboard video because I was used to Intel, with the Intel boards, if there's a port for a monitor in the motherboard, that means there's onboard, in my experience. This board had ports for VGA, DVI and HDMI, but I forgot that the CPU itself did not support it.

Regardless though, that wouldn't of made a difference for the motherboard POSTing because I had a graphics card in the mobo the entire time anyway. At first I thought maybe I got the wrong processor or something, but after getting some answers on this forum thread here it turns out this lack of POSTing is most likely not my fault. But either way, we'll find out.

Alright just one more question (yeah I know I said I know what I'm doing, but I want to be sure...) the RAM I have with this board SHOULD be fine with it, right? On the specs of the board (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130744) it says the minimum MHz it supports is 1333. The RAM I have (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...1&cm_re=g_skill_ripjaw-_-20-231-311-_-Product) are 1333. There shouldn't be any problems, right? The only reason I ask is because in the specs of the RAM, it doesn't mention it supporting the socket type I have.

The CPU is compatible from the first bios.
Having to start the board with a screwdriver tells me that your case switch is shot. It will not affect posting at all.
The mobo does NOT have on board vid.

Case switch could need the poles switching. I once spent a full day trying to find out why I had a none starter... All came down to someone in a factory in China getting the plus and minus on the switch wrong. :)

Just a small pointer... Carry on :)

Back