• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pc freezing during games

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah there is no chance with this cpu, it froze after 1.30 hours of crysis 2 because i had the heating on in my room cause it was cold, i will go buy the 8350 it is cheaper than bying a mobo and another cooler

Personally I still worry about that board with any 8-core FX...

so i am gonna have problems even with the 8350 ? cause if i am going, then it's better to buy an intel cpu and mobo and try to sell the amd ones, god this pc is gonna cost me an arm and a leg

I wouldn't risk it, if it were my system, but you're free to try it if you want.

Eruntalion, I'm just going to post what my thoughts are and I'll also tell you where I'm coming from. For starters, I have 4 rigs that I use daily 2 of which you can see below in my signature. I also have a I7 6700k with my GTX 980 on it as well as a 2500k my son uses to game on. I do play BF4 on my Fx rig as well as the others and recently switched my Fx 6300 Cpu into the Fx rig in my signature. I can say the Fx 63xx chip performs just fine for gaming and I do not notice any difference when playing BF4 on it as opposed to my 4770k or my 6700k. That said, the board you purchased may run a Fx 8350 at stock settings just fine, but I do agree with the gents above that you may be better off getting a Fx 63xx processor. They are less demanding then the Fx 8xxx and the ridiculous Fx 9590. Therefore you will likely be able to run the 63xx cpu at a pretty good Oc on the cooling you have and also not put as much stress on the board.

Reason I say all this is because you already have the AMD motherboard and it would be silly to sell it for a loss just to get an Intel rig.

yeah but the thing is bf4 is a 2013 game, will the 6300 run fallout 4 for example or the new battlefront and will i be able to run next years games or 2017 games etc etc.

The 6350 is almost the exact same as the 8350 just without the extra 2 cores (that arent needed in gaming anyways) as far as i know...
Gaming still mainly cares about single core performance. (why AMD lags Intel they rushed more cores)
other words overclock the **** outta that and you'll be fine.. then when you got extra money you can build a Zen or Broadwell or keep your 9590 until you get an adequate sabertooth/CVFZ mobo and then that'll be ur upgrade :)

yeah but the thing is bf4 is a 2013 game, will the 6300 run fallout 4 for example or the new battlefront and will i be able to run next years games or 2017 games etc etc.

Do a YouTube search on Fallout 4, Battlefront and FX-6350 and you'll see. The importance of the CPU depends on the game. Some games will run just as well with an FX-6350 as an FX-8350, while in others the latter will give you higher frame rates. Whether or not that difference is worth the extra money and (possible) effort, depends on what you want to play and what sort of FPS you're looking for. 2017 is a big question mark even for an FX-8350.

Back