• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC Mag finds DIY'ers the happiest

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
...Except on "Desktops Less Than One Year Old".

That's just scary how much Apple users love their desktops!
JigPu

PC Mag finds DIY'ers the happiest
actually apple users win....

They may look happy, but when you observe these rare specimens in their natural habitat, you invariably see the grief of Apple ownership etched on their faces.

The pain of purchasing overpriced hardware leads these poor creatures to extreme depression, and subsequently, to reproduce less often than their more enlightend bretheren. They are a dying species, for whom ego is more important than the propagation of their species.

That's just scary how much Apple users love their desktops!

Truer words were never spoken, particularly when they combine them with the multitude of firewire devices whose design and purpose I will not go into here. Suffice it to say, every "angle" has been covered, some more than once. This too is a cause of lower reproductive rates.

Heed the warnings, lest you become one of the eternally damned.

Last edited:
Yeah, Guderian hit it on the head. :) Apple users are happiest because they tend to be elitist Apple fanatics who generally don't know much about computers in the first place. They're happy because "PC's are evil." That's the general Apple user anyway. They're not all that bad.

The rest of the results don't surprise me at all though. GO DIY!

There's more to computers than the absolute price of the hardware.

You both run Cyrix right? Cause AMD and Intel are way too expensive!

hey apples are amazing machines...way better then anything a PC oem could ever hope to produce...

That's true to some extent. But it's not that Apples are bad machines. It doesn't even matter that they're good machines. It's the "typical Apple user" that I'm talking about. :)

greenman100 said:
show me how cyrix's price to performance is better than AMD's and I'll switch

that is all

Oh. Its performance now that leads the buying decision instead of price? Hope your running an AthlonFX-53 or a P4EE or a Quad Opteron box with 32gb of ram and 64-bit Linux.

Hey, a G5 is faster than an Athlon clock for clock... why don't you buy one of those?

hey apples are amazing machines...way better then anything a PC oem could ever hope to produce...

Its not hard to produce a stable system when you make all the components. ( and by "make" I mean have COMPLETE control over all the bits). And the same is true with human genes... If you don't allow your parts to mix with different parts from others (aka Inbreeding) you all end up retarded...... :D

Its performance now that leads the buying decision instead of price?

Price/Performance is where its at....

a G5 is faster than an Athlon clock for clock... why don't you buy one of those?

I have this awesome new Kumquat Brand PC running @ 387.2 Thz, but unfortunately... it only runs Notepad and Paint. :confused:

XWRed1 said:
Oh. Its performance now that leads the buying decision instead of price? Hope your running an AthlonFX-53 or a P4EE or a Quad Opteron box with 32gb of ram and 64-bit Linux.

Hey, a G5 is faster than an Athlon clock for clock... why don't you buy one of those?

did you read my post?

I said "Price to performance"

geeze

greenman100 said:
did you read my post?

I said "Price to performance"

geeze

Gah owned. Didn't see that.

There's still more than just price/performance.

Otherwise you'd be saying alot of REALLY neat machines out there are crap because they aren't sufficiently cheapskate.

Back