• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC powers on but will not boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jagermeister_

I have a A8V Deluxe with bios 1017 that i recently installed 4x1GB of ram in and the computer will power on, but will not boot. Just blank screen, with no video output. No beeps. If i take out 2 sticks of ram, the system will power on fine. I've tried to change the AGP Aperture to 256 MB and that did not seem to work. I update the bios from when i first got it to the latest version and that didn't work either I have a ENERMAX 600w power supply, nx6600gt agp card, 74gb 10,000rpm raptor, and an AMD 64 3500+ 2.2ghz cpu. Not sure what else to try.

Moved and created a new thread in the AMD MBs forum... redduc900

Last edited by a moderator:
Drop ram speed to lowest possible and make sure they run 2T
You should try all the sticks one by one and all the slots on the mobo.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=82905
There is a known issue for at least 5 years with those A8V motherboards. So all the normal troubleshooting
is going to be pretty much useless I imagine.

All you have to do is type into g00gle "A8V Deluxe 4 sticks ram" and the hits keep coming from all the way
back in the year 2005. That board is known to have problems with 4 sticks of ram from the beginning.
Also it makes a difference in whether or not the cpu is an E stepping cpu.

I put that about g00gling so you all know this ram thing is a known issue and has been for nearly a decade.
RGone...

I had serious problems in LGA775 days with multiple motherboards and RAM configurations.
Some of them work with manual memory settings and some of them won't no matter what you do.
All my problems went away when I got my first non Asus board :D

But it is likely that you wont get your system running with 4 sticks of ram. You can try loosening the timings and RAM speed. In some cases it works but chances are pretty slim. Most motherboards showed increased stability with manually setting command rate to 2T.

Back