• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pc repair stores- usual turnaround time for my problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bellakella83

I dropped my laptop off at a local computer repair shop (Enterprise).
I had a virus that wouldn't let me login into Windows. The technician left me a voicemail last night saying "he will probably be able to restore the system to an earlier date and it was technically in the diagnostic stage" There closed until Monday and I didn't get a chance to ask him how long this would take.

Does anyone have an idea? Keep in mind, it's a small store and there was only one person working when I dropped my pc off.

I wouldn't think it would take longer than a few hours but I could definitely be wrong.
Thanks!!!

Turn around at my own little shop on something like that is overnight. It depends on how busy I am.

Last edited:
Sounds like you got a ransomware infection, bellakella83. Hopefully, the restore points weren't erased by the virus and there are some the technician can use.

Thats quick process. But it depends on the guy and when is he free to do it.

Back