• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pc wont turn on white indicator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yzfspecvr6

System build:

i7 7800x factory speed
Tuf x299 mark 2
1080TI GPU
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200
650 watt RGB Toughpower Grand series thermal intake

I bought this system brand new year + ago, every since i had it, sometimes it just wouldn't turn on. Might have taken a couple tries to recycle it, but it did come on. As time went on it took longer (more tries of turning it on) to get it to turn on. Now its just flat out, not turning on. Lights boot up, fan spin.HDD spin. It will not boot into BIOS or windows. I get a white led light indicator on the motherboard, from the manual it just says VGA. ( not sure what that means?). Ive tried googling it and cant find what it could be. I dont use vga display. *Once the pc was turned on, i can use it just fine, I just never shut the pc off knowing how hard it was sometimes to turn it back on)

I have, swap video cards, swap ram in different spots, tried other sticks. Tried no sticks. I just recently bought a new MOBO thinking it was the MOBO. I just installed the new MOBO. Same problem. I am seriously lost at this point.

Only thing I have not tried is.

*new psu (i dont see why I would need to when psu seems to be working fine, only have a booting issue.)
*new cpu (mobo light indicator would be red for cpu if there was a problem, so dont see a point in trying this either)

any ideas for someone who is lost in the sauce???

Last edited:
VGA refers to your video card. It's not being detected on post. If you say you have tried multiple cards and all do the same thing, then it's the board. RMA it.

I replaced my mobo just got a new one today and installed it. Same problem.

In the past, I've had HDDs and CD/DVD rom drives create a no post situation. Most recent was on a s775 board (OEM) and once I swapped the HDD to an SSD, the board posted fine.

So try without HDDs and CD/DVDs.

*new psu (i dont see why I would need to when psu seems to be working fine, only have a booting issue.)

This here..... just because it's new, doesn't mean one of the 12v rails isn't too heavily loaded, or you just got a bad PSU. It happens. I've never used thermaltake for PSU before, so cannot personally give advice on it's quality, but quickly reading a few reviews out there, One person got a DOA. Another was claiming poor quality wiring. and that's 2 of 5 reviews, the others seemed to have no idea about anything really lol.

However the hardware on your particular PSU model is actually decent with Rubycon capacitors, Nippon Chemi-con regular and solids, and FPCAP also solid.

But never hurts to test.

In the past, I've had HDDs and CD/DVD rom drives create a no post situation. Most recent was on a s775 board (OEM) and once I swapped the HDD to an SSD, the board posted fine.

So try without HDDs and CD/DVDs.

This here..... just because it's new, doesn't mean one of the 12v rails isn't too heavily loaded, or you just got a bad PSU. It happens. I've never used thermaltake for PSU before, so cannot personally give advice on it's quality, but quickly reading a few reviews out there, One person got a DOA. Another was claiming poor quality wiring. and that's 2 of 5 reviews, the others seemed to have no idea about anything really lol.

However the hardware on your particular PSU model is actually decent with Rubycon capacitors, Nippon Chemi-con regular and solids, and FPCAP also solid.

But never hurts to test.

I just went to best buy got a new psu, swapped them same problem.

So as of right now

MOBO
PSU
GPU
RAM

are out of the question. Gonna try to boot with no dvd/cd and different HDD

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

i tried a 1080TI and my 1070 in 2 pc that i know works...

both cards i still get the same thing.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

tried to boot off only my SSD (where windows is install) nothing..
Tried to boot off my spare HDD nothing.
Unplugged cd/dvd as well.

Tried all the combos...

is it possible my motherboard was bad, and I order a new one and it was defective so its throwing me for a crazy loop???

like if we can rule everything out, and it has to be the mobo, ill return this one and order another.

yup. however if you see my previous post, above yours.

The ram I swap out from my older 5820k machine, that ram was not compatible either looking on that list I linked.

Possible ram that isn't compatible would not allow it to boot into bios?

Why it throws a white led indicator on my mobo for vga, if the ram is stopping it from posting. Is a little mind boggling ??

the ram currently in my pc is not on their list of compatible ram for the mobo I have, neither is the ram from my other pc I took out and put in (for testing). So I have ram otw right now that is on that list.

I still don't get if its a (ram) issue then, why my mobo would throw a white led light for (vga), when it could have thrown the dimms light code.

I am not sure that is the issue either, but, you have to get the compatible parts in or they will focus on that (which makes no sense, honestly).

yeah should be here tomorrow off amazon.

I will swap out the ram. If that doesn't fix the issue what do I do next? CPU, Id hate to buy another 700 dollar cpu just to test it.. Esp since I should be able to boot into BIOS if my cpu was faulty? and my motherboard would throw up a red indicator led light on the mobo, for cpu. Which the only lights Ive seen are, solid white led, and flashing orange led.

Please see Original post to see my problem/build I am having trouble with.

Signature build is working just fine lol.

oops, I fixed it, yes its the x299...

Now that its fixed, maybe you are someone has a better idea for me. on my issue. I've been at this for a week now and its starting to stress me out in a disgusting type of way.

I don't have any advice except to keep trying as you are. If the new RAM doesn't work, I would grab another CPU (that never was $700.. :p). Before that, consider breadboarding your system and using only the parts needed and see what happens.

Back