• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pc wont turn on white indicator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok ok ok 400 dollar 7800x if ram don't work.
That's how much they were new ($389). As I said you can find them on Ebay for less or use a cheaper CPU for the platform for testing purposes like an i5 7640x which was $309 new and cheaper on Ebay.

Just trying to give you better options than what's stuck in your head for pricing. It's going to be painful regardless, but I am not sure of any other way to test if you tried new mobos and different GPUs.

Last edited:
yup. however if you see my previous post, above yours.

The ram I swap out from my older 5820k machine, that ram was not compatible either looking on that list I linked.

Possible ram that isn't compatible would not allow it to boot into bios?

Why it throws a white led indicator on my mobo for vga, if the ram is stopping it from posting. Is a little mind boggling ??

Yes, but you said you were having the same problem before you swapped out the RAM if I understand you. So neither the original RAM or the RAM you swapped it out for is compatible? Has this system ever worked properly with the original RAM?

The ram I swapped it out with is not compatible either (not on the list of compatible rams). So technically right now I have no ram that is compatible. The original ram is also not compatible

The system has always been weird. It has worked, but its always been a pain to boot into bios/windows. Its always had trouble. However I could get into windows with several try's. I would never shut the pc off (I know I know). Times when I did shut it off, it was a pain to get back into windows (took several try's). now it wont boot into windows at all no matter how many times I've tried.

PC did work fine once into windows, never had blue screens or errors, played gamed max settings no problem. This has been a on going boot only issue for around a year now. But now it wont even boot into bios/windows at all.

Last edited:
Honestly, I would be surprised if it turns out to be a RAM incompatibility issue. Except possibly for first generation AMD Ryzen, those QVL compatible RAM lists are not all that definitive. They are just a list of what the manufacturer has actually tested and nowhere near a complete list of what will actually work. And GSkill has the reputation for being practically universally compatible.

appreciate that feedback.

So what do you think I should go to next?

where im at, try a new cpu (I don't think its a cpu issue) Mobo don't throw the correct color for cpu. It would throw a red LED for cpu, only LED colors I've seen are a solid white, or flashing yellow. flashing yellow is rare, solid white is like 9/10 times.

Would be crazy if the mobo replacement I got, was faulty too?

Just came across this talking about a x299 mark 1 board not posting due to ram

https://rog.asus.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-95024.html

maybe it could be a ram issue? idc if it is the issue, I got new ram coming and if it works I will leap for joy, I've got 5+ hours invested into solving this.

Last edited:
*update*

new ram wont be here until tomorrow. but for ****s and giggles i tried to start up the pc with no ram. Motherboard throws a yellow light. In the manual yellow means ram. So I think my mobo is recognizing my ram.

I have something weird going on here and dont think the ram thats coming is going to fix my issue.

Keep in mind that RAM and CPU work very closely together so it can be difficult to distinguish which is the problem when trouble shooting.

*UPDATE*

bad original psu swap with a faulty psu from best buy

new psu aka 3rd one... we good to go, thank you everyone love you guys!

Who would have thought? Good reminder to take nothing for granted.

*UPDATE*

bad original psu swap with a faulty psu from best buy

new psu aka 3rd one... we good to go, thank you everyone love you guys!

Haha awesome. I had a hunch, but there's lots of things that make not post. You covered almost everything in the very first post..... Glad you got it sorted out though!!! :D

What PSU did you wind up getting? I note in the specs you posted in the first post that you were initially using a Thermaltake. That's a brand that does not have a good rep around here.

I'm having a similar issue with my PC, in my case the only thing I didn't replace is the CPU. Good it came up was the PSU in your case

Back