• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC3500 Push it how far?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mav2KM

Short read
-----------
I want get some DDR433 for my 3.2E in 1:1 and bump it up 9Mhz, in general, from a non crappy brand, should it handle this? Also, how bad will the timings have to suffer? Will this hit the preformance more than the gain?

Long read
-----------
Ok, so I have a 3.2E LGA 775 Proc and I wanted to get some new ram. I was thinking about getting some DDR500 and OC'ïng my 3.2 @ 4.0 on 1:1 ratio with an XP120 on air, but as I looked around I found out that my wimpy 17Amps on my 12V line will never be able to handle that kind of an OC. So I setteled for some DDR466 and was just gona hit 3.6Ghz on with my stock intel HS seeing as I get great temps now, high 30's low 40's. The problem is I found some sexy Mushkin DDR466 in a 2GB pack for around $212 on newegg and I was going to pick some up but they took them off the site two days ago and I dont think they are going to restock because I've been hearing they Mushkin is phazing out their old OCíng ram for their new redline series. I've been looking around and all I can find in DDR466 is crap and I really dont want to wait much longer for something I may never see again. So I now have been thinking about getting some DDR433 and just bumping up my FSB 9Mhz from 216 to 225 and I was wondering how far can I take DDR433 in general, and if I bump it up that much, how bad will the timings have to suffer? I understand that you cant OC ram that much, but i'm not quite sure. Any ideas?!?

You should be able to do that with no problem on stock voltages. You may need to bump it up .1v keeping the stock timings. I had some Corsair value select pc3200 that did 228MHz @ 2.5-3-3-8 with 2.8v.

you can actually oc ram pretty far depending. 9 mhz isnt that high of a jump and i don't think it will affect your timings at all. my ballistix ddr500 is running at 270 right now with 3-3-3-8 and its rated at 250 3-4-4-10. so as i said 9 mhz isn't a big deal.

Back