• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Peltier add on and pre built water cooled setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ppe1700

I have a Corsair H70 on my setup. I have a 226w peltier TEC from 2007 that has been on my shelf since 2007. I also have all the other bits n bobs.

I think it would be interesting to join the tec into the setup. The rad of the H70 is a little on the small side, although similar in size to what I had used on a TEC setup previous (albeit only a dual core)
If the tec is 226w and the phenom 2 is 120w am I right in thinking the H70 would need to cool 346w of heat? I don't know, or know how to derive the efficiency of the H70.
Just something that I have been thinking of.

be interesting to see...that's for sure. I'd bet you'll kill the h70 though, those pumps dont like water temps over 60c and i bet you'd be pushin that.

I think the water temp would be quite a bit higher than 60c. How did you find that if you don't mind?

I think the water temp would be quite a bit higher than 60c. How did you find that if you don't mind?

I would think a tiny lil internal pump like the one in the H70 wouldn't be able to keep up. You have to understand it's an internal pump. So the rad wouldn't be able to handle the heatload either. Eventually the pump will succumb to the heat.

Could be interesting! Although lets say I will not be trying this any time soon! Thanks for the input!

Roger that! :thup:
You can use the peltier if you had a larger rad and an external pump. Another thing to note is you'll need to seal up the cpu socket along with the surrounding areas and backside for condensation. Using a pelt requires some work as you're entering the extreme cooling arena.

Back