• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

People said it's not possible, but I did it.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AnryMann

Hi, my name is Andrey, in a week I'm turning 12, pretty much everyone thinks that someone my age shouldn't be on a forum like this and especially the watercooling section. Well, I'm here.
About me:
Got a macbook when I was 9, and instantly fell in love with it and general computers and gaming, started doing python and did it for 1 and a half years, achieved a lot and even tried to get a game on google store. This whole time my dad has been talking to me about pcs and how he built them, and I really didn't believe him. Then I started watching the pc building section of youtube and again fell for the idea, on my 11th birthday I planned out a pc build. A month later I'm already gaming on a Gorgeous !!!RGB!!!, i7 7700k and GTX 1060 build. Since then I built 3 more pcs for my friends. And now, i've done something that I NEVER thought I would do, for new years I ordered hardline tubing parts for 500 dollars. I knew that what I was planning will be VERY hard to do in a S340 Elite, but again I did it. With some physiscal help from my dad I was able to pull off a custom loop with some case modding in 3 days (took me 3 attemps)
I say when you are getting into watercooling, just grab 5 meters of hardline and go for it. If I did it everyone here can do it for sure.:)
Here it is (btw upgraded to GTX 1080):

Attachments

• DSC08340.jpg
    DSC08340.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 351
  • DSC09132-min.JPG
    DSC09132-min.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 348
  • DSC09135-min.JPG
    DSC09135-min.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 347
  • DSC09137-min.JPG
    DSC09137-min.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 347
Last edited:
Beautiful set-up AnryMann and welcome to the forums!

What kind of temps are you looking at and at what speeds?

Thanks,
Cpu stable at 35 and gpu at 30. When gaming - cpu and gpu 40. Max load - cpu 65/75 gpu 60.
I haven't pushed anything yet, because the factory clocks (cpu 4200 & 4500 boost -- gpu 1721 & 1860 boost) are enough for what I'm doing (gaming and photoshop).
P.S. The 1080 is a Gigabyte G1 Gaming Edition

Great job!! I'm 35 and only now doing my first WC loop :)

BTW, any reason why you didn't hookup the Formula VRM integrated waterblock into the loop ?

Go get em big guy!

My 10 year old enjoys when i tinker with my stuff. I actually had him build my last pc when i switched cases. We both enjoyed the experiemce and time together. :)

That's excellent, nice work! That was about the age I was when I did my first PC build. Been doing them for almost 20 years since :)

Reply to TIEFox:
First, I only have one 240 rad and the coolant is going through two blocks in a row, I didn't want to add another one to further increase the temps, the mb already has good temps so no reason. Also aesthetics.

Last edited:
That build is pretty impressive AnryMann, nice work! Additionally, do not think for a minute you shouldn't be on this forum. Age doesn't matter when one wants to come here, share, learn and discuss!

Reply to TIEFox:
First, I only have one 240 rad and the coolant is going through two blocks in a row, I didn't want to add another one to further increase the temps, the mb already has good temps so no reason. Also aesthetics.

The 240 would be able to take the heat from the VRMs with minimal temp difference on the components and the coolant temps. (nice thing about power efficient components)

I think it looks great and as long as he's getting good temps there's no need to over complicate the loop.

On the first and second attempt I actually hooked it up, the system then leaked. Second attempt didn't leak but I completely messed up the order. Then I decided to remove the mb from the loop for simplicity sake, temps and aesthetics as I said before.

Last edited:
let's see, 12 years old, that would have been 1973 for me.
I was assembling lycoming and continental aircraft engings, 510 ci chevy, can-am engines, 5 litre formula atlantic/pacific engines, allison, v1710 v12 engines for off shore power boats and 1.5 litre formula B engines for my father.
at 14 I was on the road with a british engine company, traveling the world supporting a 3 litre grands prix power trains.
Two words I have never learned are "I can't", niether my mother nor father ever allowed us to so much as thnk those.
stay at it and congrats on an awesime rig.

I'm impressed. Those temperatures are surprising considering the components and the fact that you only have a 240 rad.

let's see, 12 years old, that would have been 1973 1873 for me.
I was assembling lycoming and continental aircraft engings, 510 ci chevy, can-am engines, 5 litre formula atlantic/pacific engines, allison, v1710 v12 engines for off shore power boats and 1.5 litre formula B engines for my father.
at 14 I was on the road with a british engine company, traveling the world supporting a 3 litre grands prix power trains.
Two words I have never learned are "I can't", niether my mother nor father ever allowed us to so much as thnk those.
stay at it and congrats on an awesime rig.
Fixed your typo CD! :D

Hi, my name is Andrey, in a week I'm turning 12, pretty much everyone thinks that someone my age shouldn't be on a forum like this and especially the watercooling section. Well, I'm here.

Fantastic work bro! I am 32 living in Texas and soon will attempt my first watercooling loop using a secondhand ek-240 kit. Don't want the aluminum but at least the price was low and give me something to work with. Keep up the good work and keep us posted!

let's see, 12 years old, that would have been 1973 for me.

The way my 2001 corolla was running this afternoon, I'm hoping I don't have to disassemble the transmission before I get done with the above-mentioned project!

Back