• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

phenom II 555 idle temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have a 550BE and the temps with the stock cooler were bad, I can't remember exaclty what they were but I am pretty sure I was getting about 50c load at stock (mobo's idea of stock which was about 1.35) with two cores.

A cheap cooler like the Sunbeam or Hyper 212+ would knock a lot off, I am using the 212+ and it took at least 15c off load temps.

I think with the 555BE you should be able to get about 3.8 with virtually no increase in Vcore.

Yeah, I ordered a zalman 7000 off a member here so will see what that does. My voltages in bios are set to auto, however, im not real positive on how the manual should be set. The option is Overvoltage, however, it starts at 1.1 and goes up by .0625.

I am not sure if that means its goign to start out undervolted or going to start out at 1.1 overstock. I know I had it set to 1.1 before to test and it failed to POST. So I just left it as Auto.

The default voltage for the 555 is 1.4v but it should OC with the same volts, the default for the 550 is about 1.25v but it needs more to OC.

well my delta fan came today and the zalman 7500 cpu fan. Hooked up with artic silver and still disappointed really :(. Extra fan and better HSF, only 2* cooler then stock at load and 4* higher on idle. Maybe in a few days it will cool down. But at max/load, it is hitting 65 an idle is around 35*.

Voltage with cpu-z is from 1.328 to 1.376.

but a small tab of AS5, and spred it around the top of the CPU with a toothpick. Thin layer but fully covered.
Edit: Im hitting over 60* under load.

That's not the correct way to apply it. You should put a BB-sized dollup (or slightly smaller) in the middle of the CPU and then place the cooler on. Don't clamp it yet. Give it one or two small twists and then clamp it down. Don't spread the AS 5 beforehand. It just creates air pockets. Let the pressure of the cooler clamp between the two faces spread it for you. Go and check out Arctic Silvers web site for application instructions and you will see this is the method they recommend.

Don't lift the cooler to see if the paste spread, either. Major air bubbles if you do that.

For your comparison:

I recently purchased a 555BE and unlocked it to 4 cores in my HTPC. I am in a Silverstone SUGO case, so I have pretty poor ventilation. Using a low profile scythe big shuriken cooler with a 120mm Gelid fan, I idle at around 38-40c and load at 56-60c using stock volts and cpu with OCCT (this is with the mobo monitoring as unlocking seems to have killed the cpu diode monitoring capabilities). This is in a room that typically is about 72F. What is actually more concerning to me is the chipset temperature hitting the same 60c, ouch.

hello nice people, i have a huge problem thats why i joined forum. Sorry for bad english.
Thing is that my computer used to run just fine, and suddenly i couldnt play PES2013 anymore, it was like i m playing it on much worse configuration. My sistem is fine, i have norton 2013 doing job great etc ... all drivers up to date ... And i looked temperature while playing game one minute and it was like this. http://postimg.org/image/exrmuchy7/

and this is my configuration, please help,
http://postimg.org/image/ndnhqgncx/ http://postimg.org/image/7twndeb07/d4f43b51/
I think i should buy new thermal paste and new cooler for cpu ?

Hello griefz and :welcome: To the forum.
First I'll say you should start your own thread. You'll get much more help that way.
Second Please use the attachments option under the advanced posting for your pics.
Third please put up a signature like you see at the bottom of my post and include as much info on your system as possible. You'll find it under quick lins at the top of the page.

Capturesig.JPG

And third your core temps are hitting 90° which is way too high I'm surprised your system isn't shutting down on you. Have you cleaned things out lately.

Back