• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom II x2 560 BE OC problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IADev

Hey everyone . my specs are
Phenom II x2 560 BE
Motherboard : BIOSTAR TA790GX 128M
8gb DDR2 Ram

the problem am facing is that when i start the pc by default my CPU Speed is set to 800 MHZ .
So i have to use AOD to boost the Core multiplier to 15.5 Running stable at 3.1GHZ .
but whenever i restart my pc it goes back to 800mhz and AOD wont apply it automatically and i have to do it all over again .
Also new versions of AOD wont even work when i click apply the slider will revert back to 0 and quit .
i have the latest BIOS update from the official site of the MB .

Anyone can point me to what might be causing the problem am trying to save for a ASROCK or ASUS motherboard for the current time i have to deal with what i have .

Thanks in advance

First, make sure Cool N Quiet is disabled in bios.

Then, make sure AMDOD is configured to save and apply your overclock profile when Windows is loaded.

Third, you really should be using the manual controls in bios to obverclock instead of buggy software like AMDOD.

done thank you changed it from the BIOS working smooth on x16 now

You're welcome.

Make sure you stress test your overclock settings with a two hour (at least) run of the Prime95 blend test. You should also be monitoring CPU (socket) and core temps as you do this by having the program, "HWMonitor" open in the background. If the computer blue screens, locks up or if any of the four Prime95 core workers drop out before the test completes your overclock settings aren't truly representing a stable configuration and you need to make more adjustments.

As you monitor temps with HWMonitor, you want the core temps to not exceed 60c and the CPU (socket) temps not to exceed about 55c. Heat-related instability will likely set in if either of those temp range precautions are exceeded.

Cool N Quiet lowers CPU speed and core voltages when the system is idling but disengages as soon as you put the CPU under load.

Back