• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom II X4 970 TEMPs HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nikhilsigma

Registered
Hey Guys i have build up my new pc.....with AMD PhenomII X4 970 CPU

and i ran Prime 97 for about 15mins and my Core temps were around 69C.
on idle it remains around 45C to 50C.

(i have measured temp with CORE TEMP)

so i just wanted to know is that 69C OK or i have to do something....
because if i will play games then most probably the temp will rise to 69C !!

also what are recommended temps for my processor ??

69C is too hot. You really want to keep that thing under 55C.

Im guessing being in India your ambient temps are pretty warm?

Playing games vs Prime95 temps are usually around 10C difference with the gaming being lower.

Are you using the stock CPU cooler or an aftermarket cooler? What is the make and model of your case? Good case ventilation is critical to keeping CPU temps down.

first of all.....thanks a lot for replying....

i am running on stock cooler(worst stock cooler i have seen SUPER NOISY with a tiny fan, intel give better stock coolers)..

01-amdstock01-600.jpg

also today i installed nfs hot pursuit 2010 and played it with hd4250(onboard graphics) and the core temps were around 55C...
so what you guys say....is it ok or should i do something....

soon i will be getting my hd6770, will that have any effect on cpu core temps ??

thats pretty warm i would do something...
im sure others will agree...
also you can try and lower voltages and maybe make it run cooler...

Core temps of 55c are safe and acceptable and should be stable if the CPU is being run at stock frequencies and voltages as opposed to being overclocked. "Unsafe" would be more like 70c.

If your ambient temp is 40c and your now holding at 55c I would say everything is good. As for adding in the vid card, it should only become an issue if your case doesn't have good air flow which it seems that it does.

Back