• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom II X6 1100T in an Asus M3N-HT Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Now since you have some thermal headroom I'd work on getting the NB speed up and maybe tighten those ram timings. 4.1 is a decent OC for everyday use.

Now that image in post #100 is showing the correct HT Link Speed of approx 2160Mhz with the Bus overclock and what the Thuban is spec'd for. Now will have the <>4,000MT/s that the I/O should have on the board with that particular cpu installed. Good deal.
RGone...

What about my voltage? It is still 1.5, and it doesn't matter what I set it at in BIOS. Is is running cool enough to where that shouldn't be a concern?

What does it do under load?? Does it increase and what temps do you get right now? 1.5v to 1.55 should be fine as long as it's kept cool.

Doesn't seem to go above the 40-42 temp under load, I did just get worker #2 to stop working in under 5 mins in prime. I am however currently running RAM @ 800.

According to the pic in post #100 it's running at 960. Before we change anything else we do need to get it stable.

Here is current Prime95 after 10mins. I did drop RAM down to 667... I'm gonna go for a 30 min run unless someone sees something wrong.

Attachments

• Prime 10mins.jpg
    Prime 10mins.jpg
    645.9 KB · Views: 93
That looks OK and the ram is running at rated speed and timings now. I have to ask how the HT ended up at 2400 again ? That's fine if it's stable but closer to 2000 typically is better.

That looks OK and the ram is running at rated speed and timings now. I have to ask how the HT ended up at 2400 again ? That's fine if it's stable but closer to 2000 typically is better.

Set the RAM to 667 in BIOS and I lowered the HT. I'm gonna go for a full 30min run of Prime. Fingers Crossed...

Try dropping the Ht Link speed multiplier down 1 and increase the Cpu NB Voltage to 1.2-1.25 V. Increasing the Cpu NB voltage will increase your temps so keep an eve on them.

Kegs, I never meant to come across as putting you down. There is no way of knowing how much others really know with regard to overclocking when they are relatively new to the forum.

We all have gaps in our tech knowledge. It's a field that is so immense and changes so fast that no one person can have it all nailed down. I sometimes am wrong about things and I appreciate it when others take the trouble to set me straight, especially those that do it with kindness and respect. Yet, even the gruff ones contribute to my understanding.

Please also keep in mind that it's very easy to misconstrue others' attitudes and intentions when all you have are there words in print. The usual assortment of clues such as tone of voice and facial expression are not available.

That is kind of high, yep. If the NB over heast it'll shut down like that.

Dropping the CPU- NB voltage doesn't seem to help. Still getting a shutdown at 20mins.

Last edited:
Here are my current BIOS settings, and a screen shot of CPU-Z and core temp at idle. What am I missing? Does anything stand out to anybody?

Attachments

• 20140716_214209.jpg
    20140716_214209.jpg
    840.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 20140716_214232.jpg
    20140716_214232.jpg
    934.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 20140716_214243.jpg
    20140716_214243.jpg
    895.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 20140716_214249.jpg
    20140716_214249.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 83
  • oc screen shot.jpg
    oc screen shot.jpg
    436.7 KB · Views: 83
You don't "need" to OV cpu/nb voltage much at all. The HT and NB are hardly overclocked at all.

Mr. Scotty might suggest a power issue somewhere, perhaps the PSU is overheating. I can get my Antec 850 watter pretty warm even with this 6400+ and GTX 480 ;)

Also what are the ram voltages? NVM EDIT I see them.

2.1v 6-6-6 hmm? That wouldn't shut the board off, you'd drop workers or at best BSOD.

Should I leave the CPU-NB voltage on auto? I dropped the RAM voltage to 2.0, it was at 2.2. How would I know if the psu is overheating? It feels cool to the touch and the exhaust fan air doesn't seem all that warm.

Back