• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom II X6 1100T in an Asus M3N-HT Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Should I leave the CPU-NB voltage on auto? I dropped the RAM voltage to 2.0, it was at 2.2. How would I know if the psu is overheating? It feels cool to the touch and the exhaust fan air doesn't seem all that warm.

Because, Ram is a BSOD. Cpu unstable usually drops a worker right away. Ram unstable would drop a worker and or the program stopped working warning shows.

worst case, VRMs are taking a beating and thermally shutting down.

Ultra PSU - after a quick good search and shut downs with the words all in a sentence don't look good.....

VRM package area needs cooling or can't handle Cpu demands OR that PSU

A third thought might be to seek bios attention as well for your particular motherboard. Perhaps look for known issues with shut downs in the update listings......

I'm pretty sure I have the most current BIOS. It is an older board and I doubt there will be anymore BIOS updates. I dropped the CPU voltage and I've gotten past 20 mins. I'm 25 mins and still going.

I finally got it to 30 minutes! Thank You everyone for your help and input! Now to work on possibly tightening up RAM timings and maybe a bit more out of the CPU. I would like to get over 4.1Ghz.

Attachments

• 30 mins of Prime.jpg
    30 mins of Prime.jpg
    486.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 30 mins of Prime 2.jpg
    30 mins of Prime 2.jpg
    415.9 KB · Views: 93
Dropping the CPU- NB voltage doesn't seem to help. Still getting a shutdown at 20mins.

This won't go away I don't think. Shut downs aren't a common OC failure Kegs.

EDIT?

While giving some thought and pondering the "shutdown", perhaps it's being described differently.

Does the PC restart or does it shut down all the way no restart?

Last edited:
It was shutting down with no restart. Post #125 shows me getting it past 30 mins of prime. It would only shutdown like that while I was running prime.

You wouldn't happen to have another PSU you could try would you? Like S_B says a complete shutdown isn't typical, it happens to me now and then but what I do is far from typical.

You wouldn't happen to have another PSU you could try would you? Like S_B says a complete shutdown isn't typical, it happens to me now and then but what I do is far from typical.

I don't think it was a PSU issue. It was only happening while I was running a prime test, it would happen at the 20 minute mark. I was able to get to 30 minutes last night.

Yes but that post was from 2009 so this PSU isn't young anymore. Just saying.

Yes but that post was from 2009 so this PSU isn't young anymore. Just saying.

I agree with the post dating and what we don't know is how OLD the power supply actually is and has it been in use since say 2010 or so. If the P/S is 4 years old and been in continuous use then it surely can be defunct. And surely in a group of power supplies that had a good reputation...well the dang thing can still fail from use.

I was actually trying to show that where most of us and me included had had a 'hate' on the rather lackluster Ultra power supplies, that the X3 850 watt supply did actually seem pretty good. But anything can and does wear out from use.

Now maybe me is more clear. Hehehe.
RGone...:chair:

I was surprised at that TBH I had an Ultra and it didn't last long.

It sure sounds like it could be the Psu, the only time my rig ever just shut off was when I was pulling too much wattage from the wall.

What voltage were you using. It said 1.8v. That's good that you solved it.

So now that I've gotten it running stable, any suggestions how to go about getting a little more out of the CPU? I would really like to break 4.1Ghz.

Breaking any speed barrier is nothing more than increasing the speed and voltage and cooling to support the speed. 55c on the cores/package temps seems the general rule of thumb for a temp; that beyond which, a good number have begun to experience some instability that is very seemingly heat related. For the cpu/socket temp it seems that around 62c has been stated over and over as a good working maximum temperature. On Phenom 2 type cpus which overall the 1100T is, I hesittate to apply for most of the time use more than about 1.525Vcore with the two temps remaining inside the general boundaries considered safe.

When I reach my perceived max clock at that time I expect to see a minimum of 2 hours of P95 Blend mode to run without any issue and all temps remain within the considered safe range.

That is all overclocking really is. More speed, more voltage to support speed and cooling that keeps the temps inside the considered boundaries of safe use.
RGone...

Breaking any speed barrier is nothing more than increasing the speed and voltage and cooling to support the speed. 55c on the cores/package temps seems the general rule of thumb for a temp; that beyond which, a good number have begun to experience some instability that is very seemingly heat related. For the cpu/socket temp it seems that around 62c has been stated over and over as a good working maximum temperature. On Phenom 2 type cpus which overall the 1100T is, I hesittate to apply for most of the time use more than about 1.525Vcore with the two temps remaining inside the general boundaries considered safe.

When I reach my perceived max clock at that time I expect to see a minimum of 2 hours of P95 Blend mode to run without any issue and all temps remain within the considered safe range.

That is all overclocking really is. More speed, more voltage to support speed and cooling that keeps the temps inside the considered boundaries of safe use.
RGone...

So what if my voltage appears to be at the max, but temps are well below the 55c mark even at full load?

Back