• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom x4 9950 black edition overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Doodieman

Hello everyone. I have a phenom x4 9950 be and i want to overclock. My mobo is gigabyte ma780g-ud3h, the cooling system is stock and i have 5gb ram (2x 2gb corsair 800 mhz) (1gb mushkin 800mhz). Which is the most "safe" and "stable" multiplier and volts? What should i do? Sorry for my english

You do have a few things working against you, the 9950 is a hot CPU so the stock cooler isn't going to have the headroom and I also wonder if your motherboard will take much. First thing take the extra stick of ram out. It can cause stability problems when trying to OC. Download Prime 95 and HWMonitor free. Run them both at stock settings and check your temps. If the CPU core is getting up to or close to 60c then you're already limited since that's the max.
There's a link in my sig for the PhenomII but the process is the same to OC. Have a read through it.

Thanks for your answer. I took out the extra ram. Without prime95, the cpu temps on idle are 51c. On the case i have one back fan because i cant put second fan in front. The sys_fan1 pins has problem.

If you're idling at 51 you best just hold off till you get your cooling under control. I had a 9850 , I know how hot it gets, even with an aftermarket cooler the OC was limited because of heat.

In other words, my cpu is crazyhot. I see. Can you tell me why all the fans that i used don't spin on sys_fan1? And second yeah i must buy an aftermarket because the temps and for the crazy noize.

Either the fan header is disabled in BIOS or it's burnt out. That happens. You can get adapters that will connect a fan to a molex if you're missing fan headers

Maybe the second one because i didn't find something on bios. Ooooookey thank you very very much for your help buddy. When i buy an aftermarket cooler, i will tell you. Thanks again! :clap:

Back