• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Spring is also here! I have more of these, but I'll try to do one a day.

Canon 60D 18-135mm IS. 135mm, f/5.6, 1/60s shutter, ISO-100.
IMG_0218-Edit.jpg

A couple months ago I posted some pics of Minnehaha Falls when it was frozen, those pics are here. Revisited the falls last evening, and the ice is almost gone.

60D, EF 16-35 @ 18mm, f/22, 28sec, ISO 100
IMG_0503.jpg

Much water. Kudos if you can tell me what the background is or what I'm shooting through.

Canon 60D 18-135mm IS. 135mm, f/5.6, 1/20s shutter, ISO-400.
IMG_0189-Edit.jpg

You guys are good; that is through a windshield. Background is a brick wall illuminated by the car.

I was going to drive and get some photos like I had posted earlier, but with the way the water was collecting on my windows, I could only get pictures like this:

IMG_0186.jpg

Which was neat, but not what I wanted.

Must have been the day for nature walks. Went for a hike through the woods myself. Didn't see any chipmunks, but I did catch a turkey...

Canon 60D 55-250mm@96mm, f/5, 1/125sec, ISO-100 IMG_0577.jpg

Loving the sunstars you get with that lens. You're doing a great job using it to its potential too. :thup:

Thanks man, the sunstars definitely rock. Looking forward to some decent weather, we've been pretty soggy and chilly still this spring, so I haven't been out as much as I'd like. I'm pretty sure I'll have a chance to put it to good use when I head for Atlanta in a couple weeks. I'll also be able to put it on The Instigator's 6D, at least for a bit :drool:.

That's a colorful bird hokie! :)
Nice shot!

@Dark_n_Beyond
Beautiful shot of the falls. Wish I was there in person :)

@wagex
Nice underwater shot! Everything looks so vivid :)

@ebug122
Nice chippy! I've seen quite a few now, my cat started to chase one the other day :shock:

Mmmm....night wide angle cityscapes...

Absolutely! Scouted a couple of locations last trip down, although I must say I'm not overly thrilled with any of them. Jackson Street is just way overdone, as is Piedmont Park (although we're going to shoot there anyway), and 17th street. We have another location in mind, but it likely won't happen this trip. Maybe if JLK sees this, he may have more ideas for this (please!).

Great shot of the starling! :thup:

Sorry, Jackson St was the first place that came to mind. You're right that its been done to death too. Even with that, I still want to go there & shoot. I don't think that's a wide angle spot, more like the 55-250mm.
city-view.jpg

Be sure to bring a 50mm & your 100mm macro to the Botanical Gardens at Piedmont. I like the lily pond & orchid house. The mid-town skyline is pretty nice from there too. I got a few nice HDR shots from there.

Oakland Cemetery is a fun shoot & six-feet under is a great place to eat across the street.

Back