• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pics of first WC rig! {MCP655>BIXII>Swiftech Storm}

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Had a thread going a few days back, no one seemed too interested :shrug:

Pics over here. Enjoy.

PSU is an Enermax 535W SLi-ready, no longer than any of the other Enermax's I've ever had.

Edit: Also reversed the plexiglass so that the fan hole is opposite as seen in the pics, and therefore I can remount the fan (got the idea from topic starter :) ). Someone punked my camera so I can't post any updated pics until I get it back.

Last edited:
Stewie - nice setup, wouldnt work for me though cause of the dual 120 rad

Last edited:
Indeed, which is why I was amazed when you said you fit it all within your case; which is really only half the truth. ;)

I'm still also wondering how I get approx. the same temps. as you with a less powerful pump, a smaller radiator, and smaller tubing. :shrug:

good question about the temps, maybe some more senior pple could give some advice, as this is my first build I am happy with the temps, but maybe I need to reapply the artic ceramquie stuff

My oversight on the clamps.
About the difference in temps? You have a smaller pump, tubing, rad, and what not, all of his items are lager. Knowing that, it's possible that his larger pump may not be able to produce the same amount of pressure that your smaller pump with smaller components. If that's true then it's possible that his system can not remove heat from the water block as quickly as yours. It also depends on fans, the liqiud used, tubing length, and many other things.
I don't really believe that larger diameter tubing and components automatically mean cooler temps.
And of course it's possible that his wb isn't properly seated. And his rad is leaning on his psu (which I'm sure gets rather warm).

Those are a lot of if/or/but(s). I'm saying, based on a general comparison of our two systems and assuming normal operating conditions, they are extremely similar and therefore would reflect similar temperatures. His pump & radiator are generally thought to have a better cooling capacity than my pump and radiator, which therefore leads to the assumption that his temps. should reflect that increased cooling capacity. You also forget that his pump has more head and more flow, allowing for the effective use of larger tubing.

My radiator is also right near my PSU as well...

Actually my PSU has a fan on the end next to the rad and it is cool to the touch (both the end of the PSU and the end of BIXII next to the PSU, temps have been stable at 35-36 idle and 39-40 load, still havent OCed yet my wifes laptop had a BIOS upgrade go awry and she need a comp so I dont want to "test the waters" till the laptop is fixed. I am hoping for 3.8 or so, we will see

I'm sure you can do better than 3.8, provided you get some new RAM. ;)

I hit 3.8 on air but it wasn't stable b/c of my RAM (I also had the same RAM as you do), but all has changed now that I have my Patriot 2-2-2-5 PC3200 :)

Back