• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Picture and result on my X2 3800+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
2.7 on air. SWEET! Makes me excited about the prospect of throwing one of those under my water setup. Any problems with the cores or are they both O/C'ing to the 2.7 ?? i've seen posts about only one core clocking good on some X2s

Two days ago, It max superpi 32M @ 2660Mhz 1.63v
Today, It seem to run superpi 32M stable @ 2940Mhz 2694Mhz 1.63v

Scroatdog said:
2.7 on air. SWEET! Makes me excited about the prospect of throwing one of those under my water setup. Any problems with the cores or are they both O/C'ing to the 2.7 ?? i've seen posts about only one core clocking good on some X2s
Both cores seem to be equal speed.

Last edited:
Hey Robert, I just went to Fry's Electronics and picked up a X2 3800+. Nice call thank you for posting this cuz I would have ordered it online and had to wait forever. I am about to pop it in. Any advice?

My Steppin:

CHBHE 0526UPBW
I am going to pop it in and see how it does then maybe tonight I will pop the IHS off.

Good to hear that. Let see how the week 26 can do. Good luck and welcome to MultiThread world.

So it looks like the Manchester (3800+) are within the confine of this estimate. Too bad there is no Fry's in my area.

Is there a way to measure the max (stable) clock for each core?

hitechjb1 said:
Venice and Manchester

mean_Venice = 2750 MHz
stddev_Venice = 140 MHz
mean_Manchester = 2671 MHz
stddev_Manchester = 116 MHz

So from the estimate, there is an intrinsic frequency reduction (in the mean) of 79 MHz (2.9%) going from Venice to Manchester.

Dual core overclocking estimation from single core statistic

Robert said:
Good to hear that. Let see how the week 26 can do. Good luck and welcome to MultiThread world.

Well right now I am at stock volts 1.26v at 2.4. I figured I would start there I have 2 sp2004's running now so I can do a little testing and burn. How do you get 2 prime95's running at the same time. Cuz mine wouldnt work. Also how far did you go with stock volts?

Robert said:
Two days ago, It max superpi 32M @ 2660Mhz 1.63v
Today, It seem to run superpi 32M stable @ 2940Mhz 1.63v

Both cores seem to be equal speed.

2940 MHz, was it a typo?

Here is 2690Mhz 1:1 fully stable
X2_2690_pi32s.JPG

Attachments

• X2_2690_cpuz.JPG
    X2_2690_cpuz.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 739
Last edited:
Man, this sucks... As popular as Fry's is, why wouldn't they put em on every street corner like walmarts do.

I'm so close to 2.7Ghz. Got 30Mhz out of it in one day is not bad.

njkid32 -- How is everything coming with your X2 3800+?

Robert said:
njkid32 -- How is everything coming with your X2 3800+?

I am currently at 2.8ghz at 1.58v but my temps are high so I am going to take the IHS off real quick so I'll be back with some better results.

You have some really nice super pi score! My ram is still pretty new so the best I can do with it at the moment is 260 (I am using the Redlines). I really havent run much benchy's but I'll do that when I am done with the IHS.

For Venice, SanDiego, FX 55/57, Toledo, Manchester, the SuperPI 32M score per clock should be above 13.5.

Winchester/ClawHammer ~ 13.0, NewCastle < 13.0. Tbred B/Barton ~ 11.

SuperPI_32M_score_per_clock = 1000000 / (run_time_in_minute * CPU_frequency)

In your SuperPI 32M run,
CPU at 2690 MHz
SuperPI_32M_runtime = 28.9 min

SuperPI_32M_score_per_clock = 1000000 / (28.9 * 2690) = 12.9

So it seems to be on the low side. That maybe due to the fact that two SuperPI 32M were being run concurrently.

You may try to run just one instance of SuperPI 32M to see whether the score can be improved.

Comparing various CPU cores based on SuperPI 32M run time

Yes. Run two core at the same time will slow speed down a little. I will run only one core and get back to you letter.

Back