• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Picture and result on my X2 3800+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Very nice OC. What kind of cooling are you running? Stock HSF? I plan on getting one of the 3800's myself in the near future and seeing this motivates me even more :D

It is a Thermaltake Tower 122 Cu with Vantec Tornado 80mm @ 3300RPM.
It is about the same grade as Cooling Master Hyper6 I think.

Robert said:
It is a Thermaltake Tower 122 Cu with Vantec Tornado 80mm @ 3300RPM.
It is about the same grade as Cooling Master Hyper6 I think.

Are those loud? I am looking for something somewhat quiet for my 3200 now, but I can't stand loud fan noise.

Hey Robert, I just took off my IHS and damn my temps went from 62c under load at 1.6v 2.8ghz to 45c. Here are a couple of pics..

Attachments

• NakedX2-01.jpg
    NakedX2-01.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 282
  • NakedX2-2.jpg
    NakedX2-2.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 267
  • 2.80.jpg
    2.80.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 253
Here is single superpi 32M @2690Mhz 1.625v

Attachments

• X2_2690_p32_1.JPG
    X2_2690_p32_1.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 692
njkid32 -- about 15c drop, That is really good. I think you can go even higher than 2.8Ghz now. :)

Robert said:
njkid32 -- about 15c drop, That is really good. I think you can go even higher than 2.8Ghz now. :)

I was running 2 prime's to see if I was stable at 2.9 1.65v and it ran for about an hour. So right now I am at 2.4ghz 1.26v and am going to do a burn-in overnight. How is your coming?

Attachments

• 3ghz.jpg
    3ghz.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 676
Robert, With your single SuperPI 32M run,

CPU at 2690 MHz
SuperPI_32M_runtime = 27.878 min

SuperPI_32M_score_per_clock = 1000000 / (27.878 * 2690) = 13.33

So now, it is more inline with the Venice single core.

To further improve benching number (if wanted), either increase memory frequency (current at 269 MHz) towards 300 MHz using 2.5-3-3-x or tighten timing to tCAS = 2 while keeping memory at the 260 MHz level.

hitechjb1 said:
For Venice, SanDiego, FX 55/57, Toledo, Manchester, the SuperPI 32M score per clock should be above 13.5.

Winchester/ClawHammer ~ 13.0, NewCastle < 13.0. Tbred B/Barton ~ 11.

SuperPI_32M_score_per_clock = 1000000 / (run_time_in_minute * CPU_frequency)

In your SuperPI 32M run,
CPU at 2690 MHz
SuperPI_32M_runtime = 28.9 min

SuperPI_32M_score_per_clock = 1000000 / (28.9 * 2690) = 12.9

So it seems to be on the low side. That maybe due to the fact that two SuperPI 32M were being run concurrently.

You may try to run just one instance of SuperPI 32M to see whether the score can be improved.

Comparing various CPU cores based on SuperPI 32M run time

njkid32 said:
I was running 2 prime's to see if I was stable at 2.9 1.65v and it ran for about an hour. So right now I am at 2.4ghz 1.26v and am going to do a burn-in overnight. How is your coming?

You have a nice overclock:

booting OS above 3.0 GHz and running dual prime for an hour at 2.9 GHz on air.

Last edited:
Ya dont boot, use clockgen Itill prolly give you a higher verified shot for cpu-z and you can bench higher, highest I could boot my 57 was 3.4, but with clockgen i was benching almost 150mhz higher

I'm still burnin the X2. So far, I set to 2740Mhz at 1.62v

I try 2770Mhz @ 1.725v and it seem stable. But, I don't want to run that high voltage.

njkid32 -- Why don't you do some test with Superpi 32M?

Last edited:
Robert said:
I'm still burnin the X2. So far, I set to 2740Mhz at 1.62v

I try 2770Mhz @ 1.725v and it seem stable. But, I don't want to run that high voltage.

njkid32 -- Why don't you do some test with Superpi 32M?

OK I'll do it right now. Should I do 2 of them or just 1? I bumped the volts up to 1.4 and the HTT to 265 so I am at 2.65ghz.

You guys are running some seriously high voltage at those clocks. When i go over 1.6v on air temps just skyrocket (of course i used silent cooling for my testing). Mine didn't get any better from burning in. It also has a hard time over 300HTT which makes UTT pretty worthless on the X2 in my case, as i need to go well over 300HTT to max the memory. How high can you go max on HTT with those chips?

Sucka said:
You guys are running some seriously high voltage at those clocks. When i go over 1.6v on air temps just skyrocket (of course i used silent cooling for my testing). Mine didn't get any better from burning in. It also has a hard time over 300HTT which makes UTT pretty worthless on the X2 in my case, as i need to go well over 300HTT to max the memory. How high can you go max on HTT with those chips?

Burn-in has helped me some cuz I am able to clock higher with lower volts. The highest I have had my HTT is at 300. You can see my ss a few posts back. I just did that to see if I could. I am trying to keep my volts low cuz this chip runs alot hotter than any of my others. It did make a huge diff when I removed the IHS.

I am also using a divider right now so I can max out my CPU but my Redlines can do about 260 2-2-2-5. I havent really spent much time on my ram though I need to burn them in a little before I start pushing them.

njkid32 said:
Burn-in has helped me some cuz I am able to clock higher with lower volts. The highest I have had my HTT is at 300. You can see my ss a few posts back. I just did that to see if I could. I am trying to keep my volts low cuz this chip runs alot hotter than any of my others. It did make a huge diff when I removed the IHS.

I am also using a divider right now so I can max out my CPU but my Redlines can do about 260 2-2-2-5. I havent really spent much time on my ram though I need to burn them in a little before I start pushing them.

Yes, i was refering to both your CPU's in that post. See if you can go over 300HTT with any multi, i've had problems with that on a divider + UTT. I to can hit 300HTT, but when i try to go over using UTT's it's a no go. I never had tested this because most of my high MHz results were using TCCD and it wasn't needed at that point. But now that i threw the X2 back under phase i'm stuck running low MHz due to the UTT/CPU craping out when put above 300HTT + divider. Just reminds me why i like TCCD @ DDR600 :-/

Back