• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Piledriver" owner discussion thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm looking forward to getting it back. :thup:
In the mean time I'll just have to make do by running Intel. :eek:

Threaded performance comparrison

8120 wPrime 8 threads @ 5.43ghz 7.140 seconds
8320 wPrime 8 threads @ 5.06ghz 6.766 seconds

7.14/5.43=1.135
6.766/5.06=1.337

1.337/1.135 = 1.178

The 8320 in this particular benchmark by my math is 17.8% faster than the 8120 is.

I saw your 8320 run over on HWbot--nice time :thup:

I got my 8350 over the weekend and have been playing around with it. I'm running [email protected] for my 24/7 setting but now I'm thinking about backing it off a notch to 4.7. It was very easy to get the chip up to 4.8 but going to 5Ghz took a bit of messing around with it. Anything above 4.8 and you have to raise the LLC and core V quite a bit. I'm running on air and temps don't appear to be a problem, but I think the on-chip thermistors don't report correctly as core-temp reports idle temps of 16-20C which seems a bit low to me

WPrime1024-8350-5016.png

I have Core Temp, CPUID CPU-Z, and CPUID HWMonitor... but none are showing the core temperatures, just the CPU temperature (or Package temps). I don't know what to do to resolve this, they don't appear to be showing up in the BIOS either.

I am running an FX-8350 on a GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD5.

Does that board have "core unlocker" in the bios. If you have that enabled it will sometimes cause that issue. You do not need that function enabled/turned on because the FX cores come unlocked.

I saw that bit of advice before and searched for anything that looked like "Core Unlocker", but I couldn't find anything. Is there any other name for it that Gigabyte would use?

Back