• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Planned Machine!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big_KiD

Hello everyone. THis is my first post so I hope that I don't screw it up. Alright here it goes. I am planning on building an OC'd AMD machine. This is the hardware I am thinking about.

:Lian Li USB-60 Case
:Enermax 550 Watt PS
:Soyo DRagon
:512 Crucial 2100 ddr
:AMD 1.4...Tbird.. by the time I get this together palamino?.
:Alpha 8045 w/ sunon 80mm fan
:IBM 40 GIG 7200
:Geforce 3
:sony 52x cdrom(only one I could find in Black)

let me know what I could do to improve!!!

Welcome to the Forums! Get a better mobo then the one down there. When the kt266a boards come out get one but other then that it looks fine

If your into black stuff, go here. They have an awesome collection of black everything for puters. Monitors, CD Rom's, DVD, etc..

I will have to agree with Big_Kid, the new KT266a chipsets are right around the corner, and definitely worth waiting for.

Since my Shuttle AK31 Rev.2 has been such a great board for me, and alot of other people, I would go for the new Ak31 Rev3. It is supposed to have the new chipset in it.

Whatever you buy, you are welcome to ask fo advise here anytime :)

Doctor

Yes, I agree that the KT266A is worth waiting for.
The Shuttle AK31 ver.3 uses the KT266A chipset!
I am waiting for it to be out in Hong Kong.
Then, I get AquaStealth II with it.
:D :D :D
Hope the Shuttle AK31 wouldn't go too expensive.

The old one don't.

btw, does anyone know the price of the Shuttle AK31 ver.3?
I can only find prices for the ver.2...:(

Yeah you need to listen to these guy's...the Dragon is not your best bet for a motherboard right now...If you can wait for the 266A based board's to hit the market or pick up a board based on the AMD 761 chip...Abit KG7 or the Epox 8K7A seem to be two of the more popular AMD chip based boards around...you could buy a ECS K7S5A based on the SiS735 for about 70.00 shipping included and wait for several of the new 266A boards to be released...giving you the luxury of being able to not take the first 266A board that is realesed...Good Luck !!!

Better board choices: Epox 8K7A (+), Epox 8KHA, Shuttle AK31 rev 2

And please take the sites out of your signature...that's a privilege reserved for senior members

Better board is the Shuttle AK31 ver.2?
Wouldn't the Shuttle AK31 ver.3 be better?
Better chipset than the ver.2 (ver.3 use KT266A)

Back