• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Planning a Dually in the near Future.. PSU=Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ordered the mercury, gonna get A PC-DL SOon :) Can't wait till I get the waterblocks....

Swiftech MCW 6002, :)

Elif Tymes said:
Wait, so PC-DL has onboard RAID? I can dig that then :) I didn't think it had onboard RAID, and it seemed silly to limit my RAIDs speed by putting it on a PCI Card.. Hmm, might go PC-DL now :)

You guys are the greatest :)

I know, about Diceccas FOrtron, and I almost sent him a PM about it, when he replied in this thread and said "Dual RAILS = Fail for duallys"

Well, thats not an exactg quote ;).

Yup the PC-DL does support sata raid onboard. Also, good catch on the Fortron, there are two models of the Fortron, one with dual rails and one with single rail. The dual rails work great for lower power systems with a lot of disks but don't seem to hold up with higher power oc'ed systems.

A Fortron/Sparkle 400W should be around $60 at newegg. Check the amp ratings on it and you'll find its as good as most 500+W PSU's.

Back