• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Plans for my case - custom airbrush job!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theorie

Hey guys whats up? I've been away from the O/C's.com forums for awhile because I have been working over at Virtual-Hideout.net

My case right now is pretty plain... It is the Cheiftech Matrix (full-tower) case, and its just beige in color. The hardware inside is pretty nice though (check out my sig). So I decided I wanted to do a little modding to my case. I won't be able to do all of it myself, but what I can - I will do.

I have a friend who owns an airbrush shop up in NH. He is so awesome at what he does, check out his website at www.airbrushunderground.com - Anyway, I am going to have him give my case a whole new paint job. I found a pic I liked and went and photoshopped it onto my case. Here is what I ended up with:

BEFORE:
17-desk.jpg

PHOTOSHOP PREVIEW OF AFTER:
access-side.jpg

PHOTOSHOP PREVIEW OF AFTER (other side):
mobo-side.jpg

I decided I wanted to find some sponsors for the case, so I started asking around. I ended up finding people to "donate" the following things:
+ Cheiftech Full Tower Window Kit
+ Hardcano 8 Baybus
+ Blue UV dye for water-cooling
+ Two UV cold cathodes

I was going cut the plexi for the window myself, but when someone offered to send over a $39 window kit, I changed my mind!

I already had someone complain that my case is going to be "too pre-modded", but I think it's going to turn out nice. I'm having my friend do the airbrush work, but I would do it myself if I was as good as him.

Anyway, you guys think it will look good? The window kit is on its way to me right now, then after I install it, I will be shipping the case off for its paint job. I'll post updates as it comes along...

By the way, if any merchants out there want to "donate" parts/supplies for this project, I will post a big "thank you" w/ your link when I write up the final article for Virtual-Hideout.net!

at one of our local malls we have an airbrush company setup at a kiosk selling airbrushed t-shirts. One day out of morbid curiosity I went up to the guy and asked him if he had ever done a computer case. He said he personally hadn't but his boss had done a few. Always been curious...

I'd like to see someone have the Matrix lettering/screen thingie airbrushed or painted on... now THAT could be cool too...

excellent idea, looks damn good...

I dont see why people complain about having tihngs like design/airbrush painting done by others. That type of painting is difficult to do unless your skilled in it. Now just painting in a single color (primer, paint, clear.ect...) i agree should be done on your own.....what the heck was i going to be saying when i started this reply.....oh yeah

I'd like to see someone have the Matrix lettering/screen thingie airbrushed or painted on... now THAT could be cool too...

Thank you---I've been trying to think what to have my brother airbrush for me...the matrix lettering will do nicely

Who did the original artwork that you're putting on your case?
I'm not a huge fan of painted cases unless they're done professionally so iwant to see this...

Captain Slug said:
Who did the original artwork that you're putting on your case?
I'm not a huge fan of painted cases unless they're done professionally so iwant to see this...

It's from some comic book..."Fathom" i think its called...

yah man, i wouldnt have anyone besides a professional do it...thats why I'm having my friend do it. check out his website www.airbrushunderground.com - there are some of his pieces up there but they are SOOOO good. some of the stuff looks like photos instead of airbursh. i trust him 200%

Back