• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help AMD Raid 0 Force 3 GT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
can you give the link? They have 850mbs raid 0 with agility 3? What is ch-V?

Currently the general consensus is that Sata 6 speeds are best in this order: 1. Intel native chipset ports. 2. AMD native chipset ports. 3. 3rd party ports.

I am using Force 3 GT and GIGABYTE 990FXA-UD7 mb. I tried everything to get better performance but I am getting 600 mb read 730 mb write speeds. I am using SB950. I disabled windows write cache in windows settings. I used atto to test.

Does some one use any sata 3 ssd, amd chipset and raid 0? and what is your max write/read rates?

You already have 2 other threads addressing this issues, neither of which have any useful descriptions in them. Perhaps you should consider updating one of them before you get yourself a moderator issued vacation.

can you give the link? They have 850mbs raid 0 with agility 3? What is ch-V?

All depends from raid settings and cache. Agility 3 should make at least 800MB/s sequential read but it's not most important for ssd. Corsair Force 3 should make the same sequential but higher some random transfers than Agility.
CHV is ASUS Crosshair so generally the same board as any other on 990FX/SB950 but from ASUS. All SB950 are making the same max transfers +/- 1-3%.
Stick to AMD ports ( you have 6 of them so it should be enough ). Set optical drive on ports 4/5. If you will have any problems with transfers in raid then check SSD in raid on ports 2/3 and enable RAID5 in bios ( sounds weird but I noticed that it's sometimes unlocking SATA3 when you can't pass ~550MB/s in RAID0 ). These boards have still some issues with bios. Also use AMD RAID drivers while installing system.

Edit:
Now I noticed that you made some other topics about the same so I can only add that I'm making up to 750MB/s read in ATTO on 2x Crucial M4 64GB Read Ahead/Write Back , no system cache, AMD drivers, stripe 128k. These SSD should make up to 900-1000MB/s on intel boards so I think that there can be some issues with 990FX/SB950 or bios.

Last edited:
I've just merged three different threads of yours. That's in addition to the two that were already merged by mbentley, making four total. Cease making multiple threads on the same subject. Further duplicates will be deleted without notice and a warning posted in your thread might be the least of your troubles.

-hokie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back