• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please Help me choose a new 600 series card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the 670 destroys pretty much every game at 1080, well apart from metro2033, but that game is just retarded. Also get one with an aftermarket cooler/ a reference 680 pcb ( either the giga windforce evga FTW or ASUS DirectCU II ones) Most of them will run as fast as a 680 out of the box. ( my giga came with a boost clock of 1158mhz instead of 1058,lol) With an good overclock they will take over a stock 680. It has to be said the overclocking is very hit an miss. I got lucky and am running at 1313mhz boost stable. But others havent been as lucky. Either way. You wont notice the performance difference between a 670 /80

Last edited:
As requested, I got my 2 EVGA GTX670 SC+ 4GB about an hour ago. I installed them and ran a few tests. Now this is a bit preliminary due to the limited amount of time I spent so far but it's promising.

The cards are still at stock speed, no OC yet.

My 3d Mark 11 score jumped by 3000 points (I also reduced my cpu OC a bit so I know I can definatly do better).

I also ran a game of BF3.
2560x1600
Everything at ultra
FOV 90°
Map : Firestorm.
Players around 53/64.
A large map with LOTS of tanks, jets and helicopters around, plenty of explosions and smoke sources too so I think it's a good test.

FPS avg was around 85, I saw as high as 120FPS and the minimum I saw was : 58 fps and it only happened 2 or 3 times during the game when I was sitting next to 2 tanks dropping smokes, fire the main gun and the MG at a nearby chopper who was also launching rockets and counter-measures hehehe :)

So far I love these new cards. New mobo and cpu didn't have as much an impact as I would've hoped but the system seems a lot more stable now at least.

the 670 destroys pretty much every game at 1080, well apart from metro2033, but that game is just retarded. Also get one with an aftermarket cooler/ a reference 680 pcb ( either the giga windforce evga FTW or ASUS DirectCU II ones) Most of them will run as fast as a 680 out of the box. ( my giga came with a boost clock of 1158mhz instead of 1058,lol) With an good overclock they will take over a stock 680. It has to be said the overclocking is very hit an miss. I got lucky and am running at 1313mhz boost stable. But others havent been as lucky. Either way. You wont notice the performance difference between a 670 /80

Man I would think it would be able to handle Metro 2033 with that monster cpu! :O

Man I would think it would be able to handle Metro 2033 with that monster cpu! :O

Haha it is easily playable, like 30-60 fps all maxed, but i find 30 fps on a FPS far from ideal. I played a few rounds of bf3 yesterday and i just love how this card munches away without skipping a beat. managhed to sqeeze a few more mhz ( in sig ) on the core and a fiar bump on the memory since i put it under water. When i say it can handle a game i mean 60fps solid. Yes i am an fps ***** XD

Back