• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help me overclock my AMD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thank you guys for such a big help in recovering my dead mb , now i must continue overclocking my phenom 955 .Another thing is , can i use the Dolks GUides in my bulldozer fx-6100 with the same components in my first post ?

Thanks Again , GOD BLESS US ALL .

If you look in my signature, there is a link to overclocking Bulldozer. Its not a step by step, but you have a decent foundation already so it shouldnt be an issue.

amd FX-6100 + GA 970-ud3

Is theres somebody here who did an overclocking for AMD Bulldozer FX 6100 ? Can i copy the exact settings ? i already tried a Bulldozer OC guide posted here but still cant get the right settings. My friend got an 210+ fps in CrossFire with his Phenom 1090T , mine was only 110-170 with fx6100.

Amd FX 6100
GA 970-UD3
Ks Hyper 8g 1600
CX500-psu
CM Hyper 612 pwm

Don't rememberr seeing an Fx-6100 on the UD3. Fact is this forum section is still more populated by pre-FX type processors, by a huge margin. Hardly anyone would suggest to plug someone else's settings into another board. It can work but I have seen it be a big problem as well.

I can remember when I worked for DFI we had a way to put all the bios settings into a file and transfer that file to another computer and thus have my settings on another board. Still the dang questions and wonder. Sometimes I just don't get it.

There might be someone at the gigabyte forum with the UD3 > FX-6100 if noone shows here.

And comparing your FX to your buddies Thuban...haven't you read all the disappointed people that just moaned and wailed over the lack of a boost in performance with the release of the FX line of cpus and the fact they mostly performed less than the previous 6core thubans? You would have to be nearly asleep not to have seen that wave of disappointment. It was a great wave of moaning.

Not to mention when talking about fps, its the videocard that matter s most. If he has a 680 and you have a 570, for example, I would expect the 680 to have more fps. Si unlees he has the same card and cpu that doesn't matter at all.

The MSI K7N2G-ILSR is the motherboard to choose if you are looking for an all-in-one package. No need for any expansion slots with this board as it is all built in: AGP 8x, Serial ATA RAID, dual Ethernet, 6-channel audio, IEEE 1394, USB2.0 and the nForce2 integrated graphics processor. This is an excellent board for those looking for a general performance office desktop system.

I think...

I think that board and chipset is a few platforms behind in the overall scope of computer upgrades and thus overall computing power that most seem used to today.

Thanks for sharing though.

The MSI K7N2G-ILSR is the motherboard to choose if you are looking for an all-in-one package. No need for any expansion slots with this board as it is all built in: AGP 8x, Serial ATA RAID, dual Ethernet, 6-channel audio, IEEE 1394, USB2.0 and the nForce2 integrated graphics processor. This is an excellent board for those looking for a general performance office desktop system.

+1 on the cmos reset.
using the dolks guide and massive amounts of help from the crew you have gathered here, my 955 machine purrs like a kitten at 4.0ghz 24/7. it's my daily driver.

Back