• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help with video card diagnostics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hydra1isk

Hello,

I have a problem, presumably with my new graphics card (R9 270X) in games, that causes.. well... that's the problem i don't know how it's called. It appears maybe once in 3-4 hours of gameplay. Here is a screenshot. The defects flicker a lot, sometimes they go away fast, sometime a restart of the game is required. It is more common when using windowed mode then full-screen.

DoZKXB9Z_zs.jpg

Please advise on anything I should try to resolve this issue, before taking the card to service. The drivers are up to date and temperature does not rise above 60.

Well, that looks interesting.

Have you tried re installing the drivers?
What are you using to monitor temps?
Do you have it overclocked?

Well, that looks interesting.

Have you tried re installing the drivers?
What are you using to monitor temps?
Do you have it overclocked?

I'm using speedfan to monitor temperature, no overclocking.

So far i've seen it in WoW and Heroes of the storm, but I haven't played other games on the new rig yet.

Will try to reinstall drivers

Well if you've seen it on 2 separate games it's likely the drivers or the card is going.

Well it may have been a driver issue so if it doesn't return then you're good to go.

Hello,
Today I saw those defects again, the problem is not solved :(
Is there something else I should try?

Try a different driver, if that doesn't work and the card isn't overheating then it looks like it's RMA time. Every time I had screen tears like you posted in you're first post, it was due to the card failing.

Back