• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

please help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Haturee

Alright, for those that have been following along you can guess how disappointed I am.
I finally got all the parts put together, abd now it's just not working. Okay, so my computer was running for two months, with the mobo, cpu, ram, gpu that's in my Sig. Recently I got the ssd hard drive, the water cooler, and the new power supply. Now I'm running everything, but it won't work. Every time I turn it on it beeps, 1 long 2 short. Abd in the top right the q code 50 comes up. I've called asus abd they told test the board out of my case with only one of my ram in each slot, which I did, and nothing worked. Also the gpu led next to the 24 pin connector is coming on. Asus has no idea what it could be, fires anyone else have prior experience with this our no? Any help is appreciated. I was super excited to get this going and now it's just a pile of parts :/ sorry if there are errors in this, trying to type it up on my phone

Do you have anything (pump/fan) plugged into the CPU fan header? Try plugging the stock fan into that header and see if that makes a difference.

when I did What their customer support called a " bench test " there was nothing plugged into the board except the ram and gpu

Most boards must have a pump or fan on the CPU fan header in order to post. I would try the stock fan. Note that you don't have to install the stock heatsink assembly, just kind of hang it off to the side. Also note that there may be more than one CPU fan header, you want to use the primary one.

I will give it a shot right now. But if it was that how coke is giving me a memory problem code?

Okay, have you tried to clear CMOS yet? Do it as many ways as your board supports. Pull power cord, then the battery, move the jumper, hit the button/s, etc. Then reverse and try again.

Q code 50 is a memory code, so let's try a thing or two, start out with a,
#1 full cmos reset.
#2 one stick of ram and use the "go" button, try this with each stick of ram in each slot.

The power has been unplugged for about 2 days now, the battery had been out as well, just put it in abd plugged the power in. I'm not sure about a jumper or switches

Did what I knew on the cmos reset. Tried the ram, in each slot one at a time on ask my ram, go button didn't work. Even on my old old ram

will try old psu, like I said this RAM and everything was working until I upgraded hard drive, psu abd cpu cooler

Was thinking about that, but I've heard nothing but bad things with Asus rma services.

if you got the board, new in the box, the retailer should exchange it for you.
have you checked the switches on the board? fast boot, slow mode ?

It's very sad, all the time and money put into this and when everything is here, I can't even use it. It's the worst feeling. I got it from New egg. Slow mode is off, fast boot is on.

So I tried switching each switch. Didn't work, now I switched it back and tried again it shows a code 50, beeps then quickly flashed f.f. and then shuts down automatically

time to get hold of newegg and exchange the board, sorry you have to have that sinking feeling.

Back