• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

please need advice!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

umarrehman187

ok well im putting motherboard in new case that i bought....but you know where the stand offs go in the old case it was a falt surface but in the new one where there were spots for the standoffs there like a circular thing going upwards wer the crew goes in do we need to put standoffs there cuz if i do motherboard wil be uneven

Please take the time to write and spell correctly, I don't like trying to figure out the meaning of what's being said. I'm still a little unsure what you're trying to say, other than there's a problem with your motherboard tray? I have no idea what circular thing you're referring to. But a case's motherboard tray will always have screw hole positions for the types of motherboard that can be installed. You should be installing standoffs under each metal-ringed hole in the motherboard to ensure proper grounding and board position.

What is the make and model of the case? I'm sure we can figure out kind of what you mean when that is answered.

Please take the time to write and spell correctly, I don't like trying to figure out the meaning of what's being said. I'm still a little unsure what you're trying to say, other than there's a problem with your motherboard tray? I have no idea what circular thing you're referring to. But a case's motherboard tray will always have screw hole positions for the types of motherboard that can be installed. You should be installing standoffs under each metal-ringed hole in the motherboard to ensure proper grounding and board position.

What is the make and model of the case? I'm sure we can figure out kind of what you mean when that is answered.

Or, A picture is worth a thousand words!! ;)

ThermalTake M5 VJ2000BNS thts it....iv actually not used sum standoffs and screwed str8 on motherboard.....thts is because them circle things were there instead......

Take some pictures please...I cannot seem to find any pictures explaining what I think you are saying! :)

exactly well i could not put stand offs there so i jus screwed screws in...in the manual all it says is put motherboard in and screw,,,btw tht is an atx case where my motherboard is matx......but it seems to be running fine......however i did used stands offs where there were no circle things.

I have never seen that before, weird.

But yeah I guess that is the case supplied stand-off's and they were just setup for ATX. You did the right thing exactly by adding in the stand-off's where there were none for your board!!

Ok... only like the 2nd time I've seen something like a stand-off pre-built in a case. Never would've guessed that's what you were talking about lol. :p Good, you put the stand-offs in correctly.
Nice case, hope the re-build goes well.

Back