• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please,Need help with overclocking my ram!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMDgirl

i bought the G.Skill Flare X DDR4 32GB KIT 3200Mhz (4x8)

I was able to achieve 3200mhz 14cl at 1.35 voltage with my 16gb kit. today i added another 16gb but failed to boot( complete failure) how much voltage do i need to increase in order to achieve that speed with the 32gb kit (4x8)? i been searching online for the instruction but only available for 16gb. i hope you are keen on helping me. thanks

Hey, heres the spec

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Prosessor
ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING, Socket-AM4
G.Skill Flare X DDR4 32GB KIT 3200Mhz (4x8)
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5" SSD

I wonder if i have to compromise to lowering the MHZ when using 32mhz? thanks!

What system is this in? Please list specs...

...and RAM won't have many useful "formulas" online (or anywhere else). So many factors involved that you generally have to cook up your own recipe for your rig. 3200 MHz C14 isn't bad on a Ryzen rig (That's why you bought the Flare X, right?). 32 GB at those numbers may be more than it can do. If it's Samsung B die sticks, then it should be good up to around 1.55v. You could start at 1.50v and see what happens. If it's stable start lowering voltage until it's not then go back up one.

hi, i tried 1.50v but didnt work = (

yes i chose them based on the good reviews.

do i have to refromat my SSD? because there's lots of drivers problem when i installed the other 16gb....i get a lot of blue screens too

If it was working with 2x8GB and it doesn't work when you add 2 more sticks then higher memory voltage won't help you. It's a matter of motherboard design and/or IMC quality.

Here are some steps to check:
1. check each memory slot at 3200 CL14 1.35V (shouldn't need higher voltage) to know if there is a slot which can't handle desired frequency/CL
2. check higher SOC voltage, it's IMC voltage ... but it's recommended to keep it under 1.2V
3. check if there is any new BIOS
4. check if 4x8GB works at 3200 CL16-16-16 1.35V and all other timings and voltages at auto ... can try that with SOC 1.1V
5. check if your BIOS has any memory OC profiles (I really have no idea what is in X470 Strix BIOS)

thanks i will try!

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

thanks man

oh forgive my ignorance. so adding more ram arent supposed to require more vol? i sound kinda dumb now

The memory controller may need a higher voltage, memory modules not really. It works like each memory module has its separated power delivery so no matter if you use 1, 2 or 4 modules, it shouldn't need higher voltage. If you switched from 2x8GB to 2x16GB then it could require higher memory voltage to run at the same speed but it highly depends on used memory IC.

Back