• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please report your Tbred B temperatures

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Captain Hilts

For the most part the newer 1700+ Tbred B dlt3c chips seem to run a lot hotter than the others, at least when at high clockspeeds. I think it would be good to get a better idea of just how much more heat they produce though, especially for those considering purchasing one and needing to know what kind of cooling they will need. The issue about some motherboards not reporting the temperature correctly is another complication in actually getting a good measure of this.

Please provide the following information if you have a Tbred B. The ones that will be most interesting for this are the 1700+ varieties, but having the temps of others in there won't hurt either. Please just report what your motherboard reports to you, not an adjusted figure, even if you think that it is inaccurate. This will remove any subjectivity and will still allow us to compare CPUs to others on the same motherboard.

Here's my info:

CPU Model: 1700+
Stepping/week: JIUHB 0310WPMW
Default vcore: 1.5v
Current clockspeed: 2406MHz
Current vcore: 1.8v
Motherboard: Abit NF7-S rev. 2.0
Bios version: 1.0
Cooling: Vantec Aeroflow
Idle surface temp.: 52C
Load surface temp.: 58C
Idle diode temp.: Not reported by motherboard
Load diode temp.: Not reported

As you can see this is very hot, about 15C higher than my old 0302 on my KD7. It could also be an inaccurate temp. sensor, this could be one of the things that comes out if we get more results.

I don't think temps mean much, especially when you're trying to compare them. For example, my temps differ as much as 3°C from afternoon to night.

Then you add the variety of sensors in motherboards to the mix.

And then you have people who can't apply arctic silver and use thermal pads (like me) How does that affect your survey eh?

Well you're partially right, there are problems with comparing two different systems because of all the variety. However, this is the point of doing a survey. If you have a large enough sample size, you can begin to have greater confidence in the results.

I'm sorry, but if you're gonna talk about sample size, four or five people with the same motherboard (and different heatsinks, thermal compounds, cases, room temperatures, outside temperatures, configurations) aren't nowhere near big enough to call the results reliable.

Anyway, i'll leave this thread because i don't have anything constructive to say.

No need to apologize. I was hoping for more than four or five, like a couple dozen at least. At that point you should be able to begin to identify certain trends.

I have a 2400+ TbredB and after a VERY thorough anti-dust cleaning and a cool room, my digidoc reports stock idle temps at 37 deg C and load at 40 deg C. I havnt tested it yet, but those are accurate readings for stock. Im gonna try OCing it a bit to see what happens, i know this probably wont help, but it might.

CPU: AXP 1700+
Stepping: JIUHB 0302 DUT3C (1.6v)
Running: 10x200 2Ghz 1.74v's
Cooling: Volcano 7 HSF w/ thermal paste
Mobo: Asus A7N8X DLX rev 2.0
Temp (idle): 43°C
Temp (max): 54°C

Temp source was on die temp from MBM 5.

I agree temp threads are not very constructive... but I'll show you want my DLTC3 1700 temps, voltage, speed ect are like. The A7N8X Deluxe Mobo reads the ON DIE reading and the insocket, my ondie is actually LOWER than the in socket (probably cause I'm water cooled with no air circulation around the socket. Cooling is in sig... These temps are AT LOAD with FOLDING (24/7)

cpuz.gif

I have a DLT3C JIUHB0307 and my temps are idle: 44C load: 49C my vcore is at 1.825 and im running an SLK800 and a 68cfm Delata fan.

Her's my info:

CPU Model: 2100+
Stepping/week: AIUHB 0306WPEW (I think)
Default vcore: 1.61v
Current clockspeed: 2000MHz (10x200)
Current vcore: 1.73
Cooling: Thermalright SLK800 w/AS3 and Smart Fan 2@4900RPM
Idle surface temp.: 47C
Load surface temp.: 50C

Actually I am currently at 4200RPM with 50/54 numbers.

Board temp 31C (Florida) CPU (not diode) 45-idle 50-load
1014.02 bios. 2.24gHz @ 1.575V, other details in sig

I should be getting a Thermalright 800 tomorrow and I'll see
what that does.

mwhitwor said:
Her's my info:

CPU Model: 2100+
Stepping/week: AIUHB 0306WPEW (I think)
Default vcore: 1.61v
Current clockspeed: 2000MHz (10x200)
Current vcore: 1.73
Cooling: Thermalright SLK800 w/AS3 and Smart Fan 2@4900RPM
Idle surface temp.: 47C
Load surface temp.: 50C

Actually I am currently at 4200RPM with 50/54 numbers.

Hmm, this in particular is interesting. 50C at only 1.73v and an SLK800 seems far too high for an AIUHB. Maybe those who say that the NF7-S 2.0 is still reporting too high are right.

CPU Model: 1700+
Stepping/week: JIUHB 0310XPMW
Default vcore: 1.5 V
Current clockspeed: 2.43 GHz
Current vcore: 1.675 V
Motherboard: ASUS A7N8X DLX rev. 1.04
Bios version: 1002A1 Uber
Cooling: SK7 w/ TT SFII
Idle surface temp.: 32 C
Load surface temp.: 40 C (fan @3200 rpm)

Temp read from ASUS Probe

Last edited:
Captain Hilts said:

Hmm, this in particular is interesting. 50C at only 1.73v and an SLK800 seems far too high for an AIUHB. Maybe those who say that the NF7-S 2.0 is still reporting too high are right.

Yeah, this is the only CPU I've ever used in this board, but I was able to keep my temps at 50 or less when fully loaded with my last CPU, A 1GHz TBird [email protected]. However, this current CPU did show similar temps when mounted in a GA-7VAXP Ultra I had for a couple of weeks.

2400+ XP - 34 idle, 39 under 100% Folding load according to Speedfan. This board uses the internal diode of the CPU BTW. I'm in the UK, so it's not exactly tropical weather, and system temp is 35 or so. Oh, and the fan is only on medium - high drops it by 3 or 4.

Back