• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please suggest a Ethernet card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

knoober

Ive recently discovered a huge issue with the onboard NIC card on my Gigabyte 970a-D3P. Apparently the RTL8111 just does not want to play nice with any Debain based OS ... and guess what I intend to run?

I would like a suggestion for a NIC to replace it. Needs not be the cheapest or most expensive, I cant think of any features that I need (though do feel free to point out things that I might find nice for NAS). Basically I just want to make sure that I dont buy a card with the same problem. I can see it now.... examining the intended card from every direction only to find out that it is made by the same OEM or uses the same firmware or some other thing that Im not quite saavy enough to catch. Thanks in Advance

Im going to order pretty soon here. I just wanted to see if there were any "must have" features I hadnt heard of or stand out cards that I should consider paying a few dollars more for. If anyone thinks of any cards taht are just plain old duds (in the next day or so) Id like to know that as well. Thanks :)

Back