• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Plz help me with this very complicated problem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You may have just burnt it out. Ideally, you should borrow a CPU or buy one from a store that allows returns, just in case it turns out to be something else.

me12345 said:
You may have just burnt it out. Ideally, you should borrow a CPU or buy one from a store that allows returns, just in case it turns out to be something else.

no stores near me and my friends dont have spare cpus =/ but really i dont think its possible that its something else cause i have tried another one of every hardware in my setup except the cpu

I hope it is the CPU otherwise I have no idea what it could be :confused: Maybe a Virus... hmmm well lets hope it is the CPU which is cheaper than the motherboard anyways;)

Kendan said:
I hope it is the CPU otherwise I have no idea what it could be :confused: Maybe a Virus... hmmm well lets hope it is the CPU which is cheaper than the motherboard anyways;)

cant be a virus cause ive tried two different harddrives

yeah but even then...i have a new mobo in my comp so it wouldnt do this...do yall think i should order a cpu? i doubt its the cdrom and ive tried other ide cables....there is nothin else i can do

If you haven't tried replacing the CDROM you might want to... I doubt it's the cause, but it's still worth a try.

i tried with a burner but it was giving me trouble...so i just ordered a cpu...i already gotta sell my mobo so if the cpu doesnt work i guess ill loose a little money and sell it to...i ordered another 2700...goin to bed now

ive had a psu damage all my parts except for ram and hard drive. video, cpu and mobo.
it would boot up, then freeze. sucked when that happened, hopefully you dont have the same case

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
SALVATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was my cpu all this time....i think thr problem was a chipped core...i looked at the core when i changed mobos and i couldnt really tell if it was actually a chip or not....it looks to be that the corner has a tiny chip in it and the side of the core has tiny slits in it....i dont freakin care i am just so happy i got it....i have a $1000 tourny this weekend so im so happy i got it done

Well, now buy a cheap stick of ram, cpu, drive and case, and sell the spare motherboard (with other stuff) for a small profit, to celebrate :D

May as well make some money lol

I would disconnect all drives Except the floppy and see if you start up. Of course with no drives attached instlation will not happen but It will confirm if the drive and or cable on the IDE channels are an issue..

Have you tried a 98 boot disk ?

Also can u swap memory ? Or take it to a small local and let them test it on there testor ?

diehrd said:
I would disconnect all drives Except the floppy and see if you start up. Of course with no drives attached instlation will not happen but It will confirm if the drive and or cable on the IDE channels are an issue..

Have you tried a 98 boot disk ?

Also can u swap memory ? Or take it to a small local and let them test it on there testor ?

He already fixed the problem it was his chip. It seems he chipped it:(

Back