• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PLZ need help cpu cooler for oc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kelbokas

Registered
hy i need cpu cooler for oc's
parts in pc:

PSU HE-500: Fortron FSP HEXA 500W ATX v2.3/ Dual +12V Rails/ Silent 120mm FAN/ High efficiency >80%/ Active PFC PSU

hdd HD103SJ: SMG F3 1TB 3.5" SATA2 7200RPM 32MB x2 raid 0

ram BL51264BA160A: Crucial 4GB, Ballistix 240-pin DIMM, DDR3 PC3-12800, Unbuffered, NON-ECC, DDR3-1600, 1.5V, 512Meg x 64 x2

processor HDZ965FBGMBOX: AMD PHENOM II X4 965 125W BLACK EDITION

Motherbord M3A770DE: ASROCK AM3 AMD770 DDR3 CROSSFIREX ATX

case STEP 207 MIDI 8300: MODECOM STEP 207 MIDI 8300 NO PSU BLACK

GPU radeon hd 6950 2k ram /switched to/ hd6970
i knew psu is a bit to cheap but i wil change it to 750w probably what cooler should i buy i think i gona spent up to 100$ max to 120$ but would like to have best price/performance combo im thinking about cpu 3,8-4,1/2 somthing in this range any help would be good dont mind care for cooler i will remake case if i have to =}

Best price/performance ratio is the Cooler Master Hyper 212+

Other good options are the Noctua DH-14 and Thermalright Ultra eXtreme Rev.C

Best price/performance ratio is the Cooler Master Hyper 212+

Other good options are the Noctua DH-14 and Thermalright Ultra eXtreme Rev.C

and how about Prolimatech Megahalems in some forums they say it shows bether temps then noctua dh-14

by the way i need as low temp as posible so CM212+ can go to sleep=D im going to oc and its kinda hot in summer so i prefer bigger noise and bigger cooler for max performance in temp's
mostly room temps is 21c + in summer up to 35c + in winter when they start warming season it is around 24/26c in my room

Prolimatech Megahalems or DH-14 are both great coolers, you can't go wrong with either of them. The biggest question is which one will fit the best with your case/motherboard.

The large aircoolers depending on motherboard will have RAM clearence or VRM clearence issues.

Pair either of those with some decent paste (check skinnee) and you should be good.

i just found one more good cooler Spire Thermax Eclipse II SP984B1-V2 Heatsink in few benchmarks they say its best coolers for amd at the day and its really cheap in my cantry anyone meybe tryed it or somthing?

noctua dh-14 is only 4 in there and it cost more i gues in my cantry almost 2se more

just tryed prime95 stress so with factory cooler from avarage 32/33 c in half hour it stayed 64/65 c kinda to big as for not even oc'ed probably becouse of my case

noctua is 10db lower noise then spire but spire has lower temps fairly good i gues

from most rewievs and stuff i think i will pick spire probably but now i need to deside what termal paste is best for my needs becouse ussualy the one got with fans arent best quality

I have reviewed the TherMax Eclipse II and found it to be a decent, but not outstanding cooler. And the mounting system for AMD is a real pain in the butt to mount and dismount and has to be done with the motherboard outside your case. My review of it is right here. It is in no way, shape or form a better cooler than the Noctua or other high end tier 1 coolers. It does cool better than the Megahalems, but the mounting system is inferior to the Prolimatech cooler.

BTW, the review you are talking about where it did so well is the Frosty Tech one, right? I have seen quite a few reviews of theirs that stand at variance with the results I've gotten with the same model heatsinks. You have to remember that they are testing on a bench station instead of a case and they also don't test with a real processor, just a synthetic heat load and further, they only test to a 150 watt heat load max. That is just too low a heat load to simulate a higher end quad Intel or AMD processor, which can easily go past 200 watts heat load when overclocked.

I have reviewed the TherMax Eclipse II and found it to be a decent, but not outstanding cooler. And the mounting system for AMD is a real pain in the butt to mount and dismount and has to be done with the motherboard outside your case. My review of it is right here. It is in no way, shape or form a better cooler than the Noctua or other high end tier 1 coolers. It does cool better than the Megahalems, but the mounting system is inferior to the Prolimatech cooler.

BTW, the review you are talking about where it did so well is the Frosty Tech one, right? I have seen quite a few reviews of theirs that stand at variance with the results I've gotten with the same model heatsinks. You have to remember that they are testing on a bench station instead of a case and they also don't test with a real processor, just a synthetic heat load and further, they only test to a 150 watt heat load max. That is just too low a heat load to simulate a higher end quad Intel or AMD processor, which can easily go past 200 watts heat load when overclocked.

mount is not that important i mount it only 1 time so its easy or hard doesint really matter if its about it price is 2se les then noc and bether cooling so probably it is bether or not? what would u say i should use in your opinion it might be other cooler i dont knew all ;) still looking for gold =D i see u knew more then i do for sure so meybe u have any offers what would be best for atleast 4ghz oc on my 965be?
info i found was here http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm

Last edited:
If you have a case with a 120 mm exhaust fan and can afford the price of it, the H80 is a very good piece of kit. It is easily up there with the best of high end air cooling in performance.

If you have a case with a 120 mm exhaust fan and can afford the price of it, the H80 is a very good piece of kit. It is easily up there with the best of high end air cooling in performance.
case with 120mm fan issint nesesary u can make 120mm whole your self =D but im still thinking how about old fasion air coolers is there somthing i could use to have really low temps in 4ghz oc? it would save some money for me

Last edited:
Back