• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PNY FX 5900, Opinions Please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
come on guys. yall must have more opinions ! ;) one thing i would like to know, and cant find sofar is. what mem chips do these cards use, and what are the specs. 3.3 ns 2.8 ?

i had a PNY Geforce4 mx440 couldnt off got a better one 360mhz on the core from 275mhz :) it came with a nice little fan on the gpu aswell so i didnt have to mod it the ram got to 490mhz with no heatsinks

i see in this forums that someone got a PNY geforce fx 5900ultra and it was a asus one renamed by pny coz thats what they do
they dont make there own cards they buy then off bigger companies and then sale them under there name :)

thats what i was thinking. the PNY looks just like the Asus. which is just a reference board i think. so if it is a Nvidea bord like Asus. then it should be a good bord. i hope ! ;) cant beat the price ! why less than the competion

Less? It's significantly expensive compared to the $250 USD Radeon 9800, and I doubt it's much better.

Damian said:
Less? It's significantly expensive compared to the $250 USD Radeon 9800, and I doubt it's much better.
no offense, but i dont want a radeon. plus there well over 500.00 here. same as most other FX 5900's. thats why i'm asking for opinons on the "PNY FX". because its alot cheaper "here" in comparison !

mrgreenjeans said:
Can't help with the memory specs, but I have a PNY FX5800 ultra and have had no problems with it whatsoever. In fact, it kicks butt.
i found out the PNY "ultra" version has 2.2 ns hynix ! that would be sweet if the non ultras have the same ! ;)

Back